The warmer weather is coming, so it’s time to Spring Into Fitness! This 7-Day Clean Eating Meal Plan and Workout Calendar is the jump-start that you need to get back into the exercise and healthy living routine!
It’s crazy, right?! Sunny, warm beach weather will be here before we know it!! And after a few of the snow and ice storms that we saw this winter, I’m ready to embrace the new season with open arms! Better yet if those arms are toned, right?! ?
This plan is great for both beginners and regular exercisers because there’s plenty of flexibility in the routines. You can increase (or decrease) your time and intensity, or you can pick an entirely different workout instead. Use this workout calendar as a general guide and make it your own! And of course, always check with your doctor before beginning any new exercise routine. Be safe and have fun!
You can download a printable PDF copy of this calendar + meal plan HERE!
To jump to each individual workout, just click on the title of the workout below:
- Monday: ENERGIZING INDOOR CARDIO WORKOUT (or substitute with 30 minutes of your favorite cardio: walking, jogging, or cardio equipment/class at the gym)
- Tuesday: 10-MINUTE TOTAL BODY WORKOUT FOR BUSY MOMS (complete additional circuits to make it a 20- or 30-minute workout, as desired)
- Wednesday: 20-MINUTE FAT-BURNING CARDIO CIRCUIT WORKOUT (or substitute with 30 minutes of your favorite cardio: walking, jogging, or cardio equipment/class at the gym)
- Thursday: TIME-SAVING TOTAL BODY STRENGTH WORKOUT
- Friday: 15-MINUTE JUMP ROPE WORKOUT (you can just use an “invisible” jump rope if you don’t actually own one!) (or substitute with 30 minutes of your favorite cardio: walking, jogging, or cardio equipment/class at the gym)
- Sunday: ACTIVE RECOVERY/REST: get outside and go for a walk, play with your kids, or even stroll around the mall!
Spring is SUCH a great time to get outside to exercise!
Okay, so now that you have a plan to get MOVING, here’s a plan to get EATING! My best advice is to keep it simple: try to eat as many homemade, REAL foods as possible (unprocessed, recognizable ingredients). Focus on protein, fiber, whole grains, fruits and veggies to fuel your body and stay satisfied. Eat when you’re hungry, which might require 2-3 snacks per day. As long as you’re listening to your body, you should be feeling healthy, strong, energized, and NOT deprived! Enjoy the week, and see how it goes. I hope that you’ll jump in for another week right away!
These are simply suggestions to help with your meal planning. If you find something that you love, go ahead and enjoy it every day! If you want variety and want to try something different each day, I’ve got you covered as well. There are plenty of healthy recipes for every meal this week!
Don’t forget: you can download a printable PDF copy of this meal plan + workout calendar HERE!
To jump to each individual recipe, just click on the name and it will take you there!
- Whole wheat English muffin with 1 tablespoon of peanut butter + 1 sliced banana. Have a glass of milk, an egg, or some Greek yogurt on the side for added protein.
- Yogurt Parfait: layer 1 cup of Greek yogurt (I like plain), with 1 cup of fresh or frozen berries and 1 cup of wholegrain cereal (such as Cheerios or Wheat Chex) OR ¼ cup Maple Almond Crunch Granola. Garnish with 1 tablespoon of chopped nuts.
- 1 egg + 2 egg whites, scrambled. Top with salsa or hot sauce (if desired). Serve with toasted wholegrain waffles drizzled with a small amount of maple syrup or topped with fresh fruit. A couple of slices of wholegrain toast are also nice on the side instead of the waffles.
- Morning Glory Muffin + a hard-boiled egg or yogurt.
- Frosted Sugar Cookie Protein Shake + a piece of fruit
- Glazed Honey Bun Breakfast Cookies + cottage cheese + fruit
- Thai Peanut Chicken Salad wrapped in lettuce leaves or wholegrain pita or tortilla
- Grown-Up PB&J: two slices of wholegrain bread + 1 tablespoon peanut butter (or other nut butter) + 1 teaspoon all-fruit jam. Serve with a side salad or veggie sticks, plus a glass of milk or yogurt for added protein and calcium.
- 4-Ingredient Chicken Taquitos (use a reduced-fat cheese and wholegrain tortillas for a healthier option). These can be made in advance and kept in the refrigerator or freezer until ready to bake!
- Orange Sesame Chicken Quinoa: this is a great make-ahead option that tastes good at room temp, cold, or heated up. Prep a batch on the weekend and enjoy lunch for a few days!
- Slow Cooker Southwestern Black Bean Soup (another great make-ahead option that you can enjoy for days, plus it’s vegetarian and dairy-free!)
- Grab lunch on-the-go! I’m often out with the kids and we stop for a meal at a quick spot like Subway, where I’ll get a deli meat sub (roast beef or turkey are my favorites), roasted chicken, or a Veggie Delite on wholegrain bread plus all of the veggie toppings! Are you somewhere else? Look for lighter options on the restaurant menu or website, such as a salad with plenty of veggies and lean protein (grilled, not fried) or a broth-based soup and side salad. Just watch the high-fat dressings and condiments! Skip the burgers, fries, hotdogs, and other typically high-calorie, highly-processed options.
- Maple Pecan Crusted Salmon served with steamed vegetables of choice and a baked potato.
- Turkey Reuben Sliders served with a side salad and a cup of vegetable-based soup (such as Tomato Basil).
- Healthy 4-Ingredient Enchilada Casserole served with a side salad, if desired.
- Korean Beef Kabobs served with a side of brown rice
- Dump-and-Bake Skinny Chicken Parmesan Casserole served with a side of steamed or roasted veggies (such as broccoli)
- Healthy Trail Mix Cookie + a latte or a glass of milk.
- 1 serving Greek-style yogurt topped with 2 tablespoons Slow Cooker Salted Caramel Almond Granola
- 1 ounce cheese or 1 cheese stick + 1 serving wholegrain crackers (such as Wasa Crispbread)
- 1 handful of almonds or other favorite nuts
- 1 banana or apple + 1 tablespoon peanut butter or almond butter
- Orange Dream Protein Smoothie (great post-workout option!)
- 1-2 squares of dark chocolate + a few almonds or other nuts
So there you have it! A 7-Day (and beyond…) plan to help you feel better, look better, and welcome the new season as the best version of yourself!!
Let me know if you plan to join in — I’d love to hear how it goes!