These baked Turkey Reuben Sliders are an easy way to prepare a flavorful and wholesome meal for a group! Whether you serve the sandwiches as crowd-pleasing party appetizers or pair them with soup for a light weeknight dinner.
Nobody can resist the buttery wholewheat roll that is stuffed with plenty of slow roasted turkey, warm and gooey Swiss cheese, sauerkraut, and a better-for-you Thousand Island dressing!
Thanks to Oscar Mayer Selects Natural for sponsoring today's post. As always, all thoughts and opinions are 100% my own!
You guys!!! I'm really excited to share today's recipe with you...for SO many reasons! First of all, just LOOK at these delicious little sandwiches! Who doesn't LOVE a slider?!
Second of all, I've managed to find a way to make one of my all-time favorite sandwiches into a wholesome, portion-controlled meal that you can actually feel GOOD about eating...without sacrificing any delicious flavor! That always makes me happy!
And perhaps best of all? These tasty little Reubens can be made in advance, and they only require about 10 minutes of prep work. Awesome, right?
One of the key ingredients in these better-for-you sandwiches is Oscar Mayer Selects Natural Slow Roasted Turkey Breast. The Selects Natural meats are the perfect choice for anyone who wants quality cold cuts with no artificial ingredients and delicious taste.
Selects Natural products are minimally processed, have no artificial preservatives, no artificial flavors, no artificial colors, no gluten, and no by-products. Phew, right?! Finally -- a deli meat that's NOT too good to be true!
Plus, Oscar Mayer Selects Natural is available in four additional flavorful varieties, including Applewood Smoked Turkey, Rotisserie Seasoned Chicken, Applewood Smoked Ham, and Slow Roasted Roast Beef. So if you prefer a different type of meat in your reuben, go for it!
And since Thousand Island dressing is a classic component of a Reuben sandwich, I decided to whip up my own very quick and very easy version! It adds a great layer of flavor to the sandwich without too many extra calories.
The Secret To The Best Turkey Reuben Sliders
And finally...finishing these sweet little wholewheat slider rolls with just a touch of seasoned garlic butter on top gives them a taste and texture that really sets them apart from your average sandwich. They will wow your guests at your next party, and they will please your family when you serve them for dinner on a busy weeknight!
At this time of year, I can't think of a more comforting, SMART dinner than a hot bowl of tomato soup and these flavor-packed parcels!
If you’ve tried these Turkey Reuben Sliders or any other recipe on The Seasoned Mom then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! You can also follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest to see what I’m getting up to.
Turkey Reuben Sliders
- 6 whole wheat slider buns
- 12 ounces Oscar Mayer Select Naturals Slow Roasted or Applewood Smoked Turkey Breast
- ¾ cup sauerkraut
- 3 slices reduced-fat Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- ½ teaspoon brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon onion powder
For the Thousand Island Dressing:
- ¼ cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Prepare the Thousand Island dressing by whisking together all of the dressing ingredients until smooth. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Spread the bottom of each bun with 1 teaspoon of Thousand Island dressing.
- Layer each roll with 2 ounces turkey, 2 tablespoons sauerkraut, and ½ slice cheese. Replace tops.
- Arrange sandwiches in a single layer in a small rectangular baking dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, whisk together melted butter, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- Brush butter mixture over top of each bun.
- Cover with aluminum foil and refrigerate for several hours (up to overnight), or you can go ahead and bake right away.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Bake, covered, 20 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake uncovered for an additional 5 minutes or until golden brown.