This post is sponsored by Blue Diamond Almonds. Thanks for supporting the brands that make The Seasoned Mom possible!
The sweet-and-salty flavor combination in this Slow Cooker Salted Caramel Almond Granola will leave you craving the crunchy treat for breakfast, snack, and dessert! It can be made vegan, dairy-free, and gluten-free…and best of all it bakes slowly in your Crock Pot while you go about your busy life. This granola is the perfect make-ahead breakfast or snack option for Back-to-School season (or for any other time of year)!
I can always use new make-ahead breakfast or snack ideas that don’t take long to prepare, that keep well in the pantry, and that everyone in the house loves. This is one of those gems!
Thanks to some help from these incredibly tasty (and totally addicting) Blue Diamond Salted Caramel Almonds, the granola comes together with just a few ingredients.
It’s loaded with healthy fat and protein (thanks to the almonds and the almond butter), as well as plenty of whole grain goodness (thanks to the oats). This is powerful food to keep you and your little ones properly fueled throughout the day!
I have a love affair with granola, and it’s something that I keep in our kitchen at all times. In my opinion, the homemade stuff is always the best…BUT, I don’t always have the time, energy, or desire to hover over a hot oven to make sure that I’m stirring my sheet pan of oats every few minutes and protecting it from burning. Without fail, I always ruin at least a portion of my oven-baked granola because I’m so easily distracted by…um, 3 LITTLE BOYS WHO ALWAYS NEED MY ATTENTION. 🙂
That’s why the slow cooker has come to my rescue once again. With the gentle heat from a Crock Pot, I don’t have to worry about keeping a close eye on a sheet pan in the oven. So long as I’m around to stir the pot every 30 minutes or so as I cruise through the kitchen, I know that my granola will turn out perfectly every.single.time.
I’ve made many, many different batches of granola over the years, but I’m pretty sure that this is my new favorite. I still have a soft-spot in my heart for my go-to Coconut Pecan Skillet Granola recipe, but this might just be the new front runner for two main reasons: (1) the oh-so-good Salted Caramel Almonds that make this granola taste like dessert; and (2) the ease of the slow cooker. It just can’t be beat!
[Tweet “Salty, sweet, and oh-so-easy: Slow Cooker Salted Caramel Almond Granola! #breakfast #snack”]
Slow Cooker Salted Caramel Almond Granola
- 5 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup coarsely chopped Blue Diamond Salted Caramel Almonds
- ½ cup melted coconut oil canola oil, or other oil of your choice
- ¼ cup almond butter
- ½ cup honey or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon caramel extract
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- Optional: 1 cup miniature dark chocolate chips or other chips of choice (butterscotch chips or white chocolate chips would work well too!)
- Spray inside of a large (6-quart) slow cooker with cooking spray. Add oats and almonds to the slow cooker; toss to combine.
- In a small bowl, combine oil, almond butter, honey, vanilla extract, caramel extract, and salt. Warm in the microwave for about 20-30 seconds, or just until soft. Whisk together until smooth.
- Pour liquid mixture over the oat mixture and toss to combine.
- Cover, and cook in a vented slow cooker (I just left my lid about half-way ajar to let the steam escape) on LOW for approximately 2 hours, stirring every 30 minutes. Different slow cookers cook at different temperatures, so just watch your granola to determine when it’s ready. At the two-hour mark, check to see if it’s toasted and golden brown. If so, you can take it out of the slow cooker. If not, continue to stir and cook in 30-minute increments until it’s done.
- Spread the granola onto waxed paper and cool completely. As it cools, the granola will get really crispy! If desired, stir in chocolate chips and store in airtight containers.
Do you love granola as much as I do? Here are a few other delicious versions: