Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.
An entire dinner that cooks on one tray for a fast, nutritious, and delicious weeknight dinner! This Sheet Pan Supper is loaded with Italian sausage, tender green beans, and crispy oven-roasted potatoes. The best part? Minimal dishes to wash at the end…
Hi, friends! Boy, do I have an amazing recipe to share with you today! As you have probably noticed by now, I’m ALL ABOUT the simple dinner recipes that get a meal on the table fast…with very little effort on my part!
Today’s Italian sausage Sheet Pan Supper is one of those gems! I have mastered the art of using only one pan (or tray, in this case) so that I don’t have a stack of dishes to tackle at the end of the night. And by tossing all of these tasty ingredients in a zesty Italian seasoning, you end up with a plate full of crispy, oven-roasted goodness!
How to Cook Italian Sausage in the Oven:
I love that cooking Italian sausage can be so easy when you slice it and toss it onto a sheet pan! Ready for the simple details? Here we go…
Sheet Pan Italian Sausage Ingredients:
Let’s start with the basic ingredients! You will need baby red potatoes, olive oil, Italian salad dressing mix, salt, pepper, and garlic powder, as well as fully-cooked chicken Italian sausage and frozen cut green beans.
The potatoes go into the oven first, because they take the longest to cook. I like to get the potatoes nice and crispy on the outside and soft on the inside, so they will roast in the 400-degree F oven for a total of about 35 minutes.
Before roasting, toss the potatoes with a combination of olive oil, Italian salad dressing mix (just the dry seasoning), salt, pepper and garlic powder.
Spread the seasoned potatoes on a baking sheet that has been lined with foil. This makes cleanup really easy, because you can just roll up the foil and toss it when you’re done!
The potatoes get a 15-minute head start in the oven, so while they’re baking you can move on to slicing the Italian sausage. I used this Aidells brand of fully cooked chicken Italian sausage, but you can substitute with any other fully cooked sausage that you like. Turkey sausage or kielbasa, for instance, are fine!
Slice the sausage into nice thick rounds, and then add them to the baking sheet with the potatoes.
The green beans go onto the sheet pan last, and only need about 5 minutes in the oven. By adding the ingredients to your sheet pan in stages, all of the different components of your meal are cooked perfectly in the end!
The potatoes are soft inside and crispy outside, the Italian sausage is juicy, plump and browned, and the green beans are tender (but not mushy). Plus, it’s all tossed in that delicious Italian seasoning for a flavorful one tray dinner!
Looking for even more Italian sausage recipe ideas? Try these:
- Foil Pack Italian Sausage and Peppers (for the oven or grill)
- 5-Ingredient Grilled Italian Sausage Kabobs
- One Skillet Chicken Italian Sausage and Tortellini
- Italian Sausage and Pepperoni Crescent Roll Pizza
- Italian Sausage Stuffed Peppers
Sheet Pan Supper: Sausage, Green Beans and Crispy Potatoes
- 24 ounces baby red potatoes, diced very small into bite-sized pieces (I cut larger potatoes into 8 pieces and the very small potatoes into 4 pieces)
- 1 (0.7 ounce) packet dry Italian dressing mix (just the dry seasoning)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 (12 ounce) package fully-cooked Italian chicken sausage (I used Aidells brand, which has 4 sausage links in each package), sliced into ½-inch thick rounds
- 8 ounces frozen cut green beans, thawed
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Lined a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Place diced potatoes in a large zip-top plastic bag.
- In a small bowl, whisk together Italian dressing mix, olive oil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Pour oil mixture into zip-top bag, seal shut, and gently toss to coat potatoes.
- Spread seasoned potatoes onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, tossing potatoes halfway through.
- Remove potatoes from oven. Add sliced sausage to the sheet pan with the potatoes, toss to coat in seasoning, and return pan to the oven to continue cooking. Bake for approximately 15 more minutes; but during the final 5 minutes of cooking time add the green beans to the sheet pan, toss to coat in seasonings, and return to the oven to finish. The meal is ready when the green beans are tender and the potatoes are crispy on the outside and tender on the inside.
- Serve immediately.
This post was originally published in November, 2015. It was updated in November, 2018.