Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.
With 10 minutes of prep and only 5 ingredients, Grilled Italian Sausage Kabobs are a quick and easy dinner recipe for busy summer nights! With the combination of fresh bell peppers, sweet onions, and juicy Italian sausages, this food-on-a-stick is flavorful and fun for the entire family!
Keith loves Italian sausage, and I’m often stumped as to what the heck to do with it! In the cooler weather months I’m happy to cook the Italian sausage in the slow cooker (like the recipe in my eCookbook), or pile it on top of a plate full of pasta and marinara.
But when it’s hot out? Nope, a big heavy plate of pasta is not necessarily appealing. Instead, we go for lighter meals with plenty of fresh vegetables!
These Italian Sausage Kabobs are an ideal way to take advantage of those fresh peppers that are coming out of the garden right about now! And is there anything better than grilled veggies with a bit of char around the crispy edges? So, so flavorful!
The Italian sausages are great on top of rice, piled on top of a big green salad, or paired with a loaf of crusty Italian bread.
In order to satisfy my carb-loving boys, I will also serve a simple pasta with marinara sauce as a side portion too. It’s an easy dinner that tastes light, fresh, and indulgent with a glass of wine of a warm summer evening.
Mix up the boring hamburger and hot dog routine by throwing some Italian Sausage Kabobs on the grill (or on your indoor grill pan) this season. Trust me — the men in your life will thank you!
Cook’s Tips – Italian Sausage Kabobs
Cooking Just for Two? This is an easy recipe to cut in half! If your sausages come in a pack of 4, just freeze two of them for a later date. You can use one bell pepper (pick red or green), and half of an onion. Cooking time will remain the same.
Want to Prep Ahead? I like to chop the vegetables and keep them in an airtight container with a damp paper towel for up to 3 days in advance. You can also chop the sausage ahead of time so that you only need to thread the kabobs while the grill heats up!
More Sausage Recipes To Try;
- Dump and Bake Italian Sausage with Rice
- Foil Pack Italian Sausage and Peppers
- Amish Sausage Stuffed Green Peppers
- Aunt Bee’s Sausage and Cheese Pie
Grilled Italian Sausage Kabobs
- 1 14.4 ounce package Italian sausage, sliced horizontally into bite-sized pieces
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 green bell pepper seeded and chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 sweet onion chopped into bite-sized pieces
- ½ cup Italian salad dressing
- 8 bamboo skewers soaked in water for 1 hour (or metal skewers)
- Preheat grill (or indoor grill pan) to medium-high heat. Thread sausage, bell peppers, and onion onto the skewers.
- Brush skewers generously with Italian dressing. Grill over medium heat for 7-10 minutes, turning occasionally, until sausage is cooked through and vegetables are tender. The sausage should reach an internal temperature of about 165F ( 73C) before you remove it from the grill.