This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Aidells® Sausage Company. The opinions and text are all mine.
A quick Foil Pack Italian Sausage and Peppers recipe comes to the rescue — just in time for summer grilling, campfire cooking, and busy weeknights! Whether you cook them over an outdoor flame or pop them in your oven, the smoked Aidells® chicken sausages turn out juicy and flavorful in just 20 minutes. You can’t beat the easy cleanup, either!
Let me preface this post by saying that my 3 boys, who claim that they “don’t love sausages,” devoured multiple servings of this dinner the first time I served it. Talk about a game changer!
You just can’t deny the incredible combination of smoky sausage, zesty Italian seasoning, and a plate full of colorful vegetables. Not to mention the fact that this meal is entirely hands-off! Just wrap the ingredients in little foil packs and set your timer for 20 minutes…
I picked up all of the ingredients for this easy dinner at Harris Teeter (via the online ExpressLane shopping service). If there’s a way to avoid in-store shopping with multiple kids in tow, sign me up!
The Italian style smoked sausages from Aidells are definitely the stars of the show. They’re crafted in small batches with the finest ingredients, so this mama can feel good about serving her family multiple plates of dinner!
The chef inspired sausage is available in a variety of other flavors, including Chicken and Apple Sausage, Cajun Style Andouille Sausage, and Spicy Mango with Jalapeno Sausage, so there’s an option to suit every taste.
Best of all, you can simplify your shopping experience by using Harris Teeter’s recipes. The website offers plenty of easy summer recipes to choose from, you can add all of the ingredients to your online cart, and you can check out in no time with Harris Teeter ExpressLane (my favorite). Click here to visit Harris Teeter and shop their recipes today! That Grilled Chicken Sausage with Pears is next on my list!
So, once you have ordered and picked up your ingredients from Harris Teeter, how do you cook the Foil Pack Italian Sausage and Peppers?
It’s a simple process, and I’ll walk you through it — starting with the veggies.
I picked a handful of fresh ingredients that I knew would pair perfectly with the flavors in the Italian sausage.
With your ingredients combined and ready, it’s time to create the foil packs.
I recommend using heavy-duty aluminum foil for this step so that you don’t have to worry about the foil ripping or tearing as you transfer the packs on and off the grill.
Cut the foil into four large rectangles, and then divide the sausage and peppers evenly among the pieces of foil.
Seal the packs tightly so that the steam can’t escape…
…and place the packs on a tray. At this point you can bring the sausage and peppers to your grill, cook them over a campfire, or pop them in the oven. I’ve included the cooking instructions below, so you can use whichever method best suits your schedule.
But really — you can’t beat a grill at this time of year!
After 20 minutes, you’ll open the foil packs to find the most flavorful, perfectly crisp-tender Italian sausage and veggies that you have ever tasted!
You can enjoy the meal straight out of the packet, or you can serve the sausage and peppers over a bowl of pasta. My boys love the added pasta for a more filling dinner, and I’m always sure to drizzle the extra seasoning and olive oil from the packet over the noodles for a delicious “sauce.”
I know that you’ll appreciate this quick dinner that your whole family will love, and you’ll really appreciate the minimal clean up at the end.
Foil Pack Italian Sausage and Peppers
A quick Foil Pack Italian Sausage and Peppers recipe comes to the rescue -- just in time for summer grilling, campfire cooking, and busy weeknights!
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 0.7 ounce packet Italian salad dressing and recipe mix (just the dry mix)
- 1 12 ounce package Aidells Italian Style Sausage, sliced into rounds
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper seeded and sliced
- 1 sweet onion sliced
- 1 zucchini halved lengthwise and sliced
- Preheat grill to medium. Cut four 12-by-18-inch pieces of heavy-duty foil.
- In a large bowl, whisk together olive oil and dry seasoning. Add sausage and vegetables; toss to coat. Divide sausage and vegetables evenly among foil pieces. Drizzle with any remaining dressing.
- Fold long sides of foil toward each other, crimping edges to seal. Fold and crimp remaining edges, forming a sealed packet.
- Place packets, seam side up, on grill. Close grill and cook for 20 minutes. To check for doneness, remove one packet from grill, open carefully and make sure that vegetables are crisp-tender. Cut packets to release hot steam before opening entirely.
- Alternate Oven Baked Method:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Place assembled foil packs on a large baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Cut packets to release hot steam before opening entirely.
Cooking Just for Two? Cut the ingredients in half. The cooking instructions remain the same.
Cooking for a Larger Family? I highly recommend doubling the recipe! I typically prepare a double batch for my family of 5, since my husband and my boys can often eat 2 sausages each.