Perfect for brunch, lunch, or dinner, Aunt Bee's Sausage and Cheese Pie is a classic family recipe that's full of flavor, easy to prepare, and absolutely delicious!
This is a sponsored post written by me in partnership with Jimmy Dean. Thanks for supporting the brands that make The Seasoned Mom possible!
Any of my long-time readers know that cherished family recipes are always my favorite! Most of the classic dishes that I have shared here come from Aunt Bee -- my grandmother’s best friend and my mom’s Godmother.
When I was growing up, Aunt Bee lived nearby and was a regular part of our family. She played dress up with me as a child (I still remember “decorating” her with my plastic Pop Beads), she took care of our dogs when we went out of town, and she regularly hosted our family and friends for meals in her own home.
Aunt Bee is now 94 years old, but she hasn’t aged a bit. I adore this amazing woman, who I think of as my own “Fairy Godmother!” Now that she lives in North Carolina, we have a regular ongoing correspondence in which we share recent news with each other, I send her photos, and she sends me some of her favorite recipes.
She even ships me little care packages with some of her antique cookbooks, children’s stories, and other seasonal holiday treasures (some dating back as early as the 1920’s!). For a history major like myself, these are true gems!
And you know what’s really cool? Aunt Bee is even on the internet, reading this blog, and sending me e-mails! She has been a wonderful link to our family’s past and has shared stories with me about my grandmother that I would have otherwise never known. She is a true blessing in my life!
When the folks at Jimmy Dean told me about their "Family Table" website, I knew that I would love to participate as a contributor. The best stories happen when the entire family is gathered together around the table enjoying a delicious meal, and Jimmy Dean roll sausage is such a great way to spice up the typical weekday dinner routine.
With the Family Table program, Jimmy Dean has pulled together a variety of recipes (like this one) from everyday main dishes for lunch or dinner, to appetizers and sides as well. Best of all, these recipes all have a personal family story behind them -- making the food extra special.
This Sausage And Cheese Pie Is Packed With Flavor!
For Aunt Bee's Sausage and Cheese Pie, I like to use sage roll sausage, but feel free to grab your favorite flavor. All of the Jimmy Dean roll sausages are great-tasting, versatile ingredients made with a unique, savory blend of seasonings that just make every dish delicious! They are great additions to any meal, not just breakfast dishes.
This savory one-dish meal is a great make-ahead option for breakfast, lunch or dinner, so give it a try soon -- you will see why it has been one of Aunt Bee's favorites for so many years! Plus, be sure to check out even more delicious ways to enjoy Jimmy Dean roll sausage at the Jimmy Dean Family Table!
Tips For Making This Sausage Cheese Pie;
- Use this as a base for using up leftovers
- Try adding bell peppers or other veggies
- Add chicken or ham
- Any good melting cheese would work well with this recipe
- Add herbs and spices
If you’ve tried My Aunt Bee's Sausage and Cheese Pie or any other recipe on The Seasoned Mom then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! You can also follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest to see what I’m getting up to.
Aunt Bee's Sausage and Cheese Pie
- 1 pound Jimmy Dean roll sausage
- 1 large sweet onion diced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 ½ cups milk
- ¾ cup all-purpose baking mix such as Bisquick
- 3 eggs
- 2 tomatoes sliced
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese grated (about 1 cup)
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Spray 10-inch pie dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large skillet, brown sausage and onion over medium-high heat until sausage is no longer pink and onion is tender (about 8-10 minutes). Sprinkle with salt and pepper, toss, and then drain.
- Place sausage mixture in prepared pie dish.
- In a separate bowl, use an electric mixer (or a blender) to beat milk, baking mix, and eggs until smooth (about 1 minute with a mixer).
- Pour batter over the sausage in the pie dish.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven; top with tomato slices and sprinkle with cheese. Place pie dish back in the oven for about 5-8 more minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes before slicing and serving.