These thick, soft, and chewy Healthy Trail Mix Cookies are a nutritious way to curb that sweet tooth! Loaded with whole grains, nuts, seeds, and fruit, we can enjoy them for breakfast, snack, or dessert -- and best of all, my kids cannot get enough of these clean eating cookies!
Here we are at the start of another New Year, which means that many of us have set goals for a balanced lifestyle, including exercising more and eating a healthier diet. That said, there is ALWAYS room for a sweet treat!
I'm happy to report that these cookies are The Real Deal. They will NOT disappoint! Because really, what's the point in preparing a healthy dessert if it tastes like cardboard, nobody wants to eat it, and you're left scrounging through the cabinets for that last remaining bite of holiday chocolate?
My 2, 4, and 6-year-old boys LOVE these cookies. Like, love them so much that an entire batch disappears in a matter of days!
I even let the kids have a few of them for breakfast with a tall glass of milk, and I am satisfied knowing that the kids are fueling their bodies with wholesome super foods like nuts, seeds, oats, and blueberries. The boys just think that they're getting a treat (and I'm not about to spill the beans and let them in on my little secret)!
These truly are the perfect healthy treat for the lunch box or they make a great breakfast on the go for those mornings when you're too busy running around and forget to eat.
Making Healthy Trail Mix Cookies;
The great thing about these cookies is you can easily adapt them with your favorite nuts, seeds and fruit...you could even throw in a few chocolate chips from time to time. Here are some ideas of what to add;
- Any nuts, hazelnuts, pecan or cashews would work really well
- Dried cranberries, raisins, blueberries (choose your favorite dried fruit)
- Shredded coconut
- Seeds such as sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, flax seed
And if you need other healthier ways to satisfy that sweet tooth, check out these other tasty options:
- Skinny Chocolate-Covered Strawberry Sundae
- Greek Yogurt Cinnamon Chip Scones
- Greek Yogurt Chocolate Zucchini Cake
If you’ve tried these Healthy Trail Mix Cookies or any other recipe on The Seasoned Mom then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! You can also follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest to see what I’m getting up to.
Healthy Trail Mix Cookies
- ¾ cup melted coconut oil can substitute butter if preferred
- 1 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 ½ cups nuts chopped (I like almonds, pecans, or walnuts)
- 2 cups raisins dried cranberries, or other similar dried fruit (I also like dried blueberries)
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C)
- In a large mixing bowl, use an electric mixer to cream together oil and honey. Add eggs, salt, and vanilla.
- Slowly add baking powder, flour, and oats. Mix until just combined.
- Stir in seeds, nuts, and raisins.
- Drop by tablespoonsful onto a cookie sheet. Bake 10 minutes, or until just golden brown. Cool on wire rack and then store in airtight containers. Enjoy!
Looking for other healthy and EASY recipes that the whole family will love? My new eCookbook is the resource that you've been waiting for! You can check out the full details HERE: