Need a quick and easy dinner idea that the entire family will love? These tender and juicy Korean Beef Kabobs are packed with flavor (thanks to a simple and fresh marinade), and then seared on the grill for maximum smokey char. It’s summer on a stick!
Can you believe that it’s almost August? You didn’t actually think that I’d let the summer pass us by without at least one more grilling recipe, did you?
You might remember my Peach-Glazed Chicken Kabobs from earlier in the season, which Keith deemed the BEST recipe that I have ever shared in the history of the blog. High praise, my friends.
Well, since kabobs are so easy, so fast, and can conveniently be prepped in advance, I figured that I should go ahead and come up with a twist on the favorite…
If you saw my recap from last weekend, you’ll know that I bought some beef from our favorite local cattle ranchers at the Farmer’s Market last weekend. Mrs. Rider suggested that I try the London Broil since I told her that I was planning to make some kabobs, so that’s what my recipe calls for. If you want to buy sirloin or top round instead, either of those should work too!
I bought the meat on Saturday so that Keith could grill the kabobs for dinner the following evening. We decided to head out for a short hike on Sunday afternoon, so I was very glad that when we returned home the meat and veggies had already been marinating for a few hours. When a family of hungry boys arrived at back at the house, the only thing left to do was thread the fresh ingredients onto the skewers while Keith heated up the grill. Served with some fluffy rice on the side, it was an easy dinner that everyone loved. In fact, the kids asked for seconds (and the grilled bell peppers were especially popular).
Try this one soon, friends!!
[Tweet “An easy & family-friendly #dinner on the grill: Korean #Beef Kabobs!”]
Korean Beef Kabobs
For the Marinade:
- 1 cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup grated fresh ginger or 4 teaspoons dried ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- ¼ cup honey
- 6 green onions diced
- 1-2 tablespoons red pepper flakes optional
For the Kabobs:
- Approximately 1.5 - 2 lbs. boneless beef for London Broil sirloin or top round would also work, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 green bell pepper cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 red bell pepper cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 orange or yellow bell pepper cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 large red onion cut into 1-inch cubes
- Pre-soak wooden kabob skewers in water for a few hours before grilling.
- Place beef chunks in a large Ziploc bag. Place chopped vegetables in a separate large Ziploc bag. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together marinade ingredients. Pour half of the marinade into the bag with the beef and the other half of the marinade into the bag with the vegetables. Toss to coat everything in the marinade and then place bags in the refrigerator for 30 minutes – 3 hours.
- Alternate threading beef and vegetables on skewers. Grill over medium-high heat (on an outdoor grill or on an indoor grill pan) until beef is cooked to desired amount (just a few minutes should be plenty if you like your beef rare), turning kabobs as they cook.
Looking for other delicious summer dinner options? Try these favorites: