Summer on a stick! These Peach-Glazed Chicken Kabobs are the perfect way to enjoy the fresh vegetables of the season in a healthy, easy, and family-friendly dinner on the grill!
This is not just your average chicken dinner recipe, folks. Oh, no. Instead, it's so simple and so delicious that my meat-loving husband deemed it THE BEST RECIPE THAT I HAVE EVER MADE IN THE HISTORY OF THE BLOG.
After a few years of posting a lot of food, I consider that very high praise! But don't just trust Keith, give them a try this weekend, too!!
Just like the rest of America, we love to fire up our grill for quick and tasty dinners all summer long. When the spring strawberries are past their prime in Virginia and our famous apples have not yet ripened, there's this beautiful in-between period that I like to think of as Peach Season. We can get some of the sweetest, juiciest, most delicious peaches from local orchards (and hopefully from our own trees this year)!
Inspired by the bountiful summer produce, I wanted to come up with a tasty way to enjoy the sweet taste of peaches with a more savory dish...and preferably one that involves a grill! These chicken kabobs were born...
A few years ago, my high school friend Maria gave me a recipe for Ranch Chicken Kabobs, which her 3 boys LOVED. I made them, my family devoured them, and I shared them on the blog! They are still incredibly delicious and I highly recommend that you give them a try.
When I recently decided to create a peach-flavored kabob, I obviously turned straight to Maria's tried-and-true recipe. With a few tweaks, I had another winner! And dare I say it? I think these might even be a wee bit BETTER!!
These nutritious kabobs are fun to eat, they look pretty, and they can easily serve a crowd if you're hosting a cookout with friends or family. We also love the leftovers in wraps, on salads, or over rice throughout the week. I can never seem to make enough!
Enjoy, and happy summer!
[Tweet "These Peach-Glazed #Chicken Kabobs are an easy, #healthy, and family-friendly #dinner!"]
Peach-Glazed Chicken Kabobs
For the Glaze:
- ½ c. olive oil
- ½ c. peach jam
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon finely-minced fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
For the Kabobs:
- Approximately 1.5 - 2 lbs. boneless chicken breasts cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 green bell pepper cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 red bell pepper cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 orange or yellow bell pepper cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 large red onion cut into 1-inch cubes
- Pre-soak wooden kabob skewers in water for a few hours before grilling.
- Place chicken chunks in a large Ziploc bag. Place chopped vegetables in a separate large Ziploc bag. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together marinade ingredients. Pour half of the marinade into the bag with the chicken and the other half of the marinade into the bag with the vegetables.
- Toss to coat everything in the marinade and then place bags in the refrigerator for a few hours.
- Alternate threading chicken and vegetables on skewers.
- Grill over medium-high heat (on an outdoor grill or on an indoor grill pan) until chicken is cooked through (about 10 minutes), turning kabobs as they cook.
Looking for other delicious dinner ideas? Try these favorites: