Skip the mayo in a traditional chicken salad and toss together this healthy and flavorful Thai Peanut Chicken Salad! Whether you serve it on a bed of lettuce, in a wrap, or on a sandwich, this is one make-ahead lunch or dinner option that the whole family can agree on!
You guys...I just couldn't let the summer pass us by without sharing a chicken salad recipe! It's one of my favorite lunch or dinner solutions when I have leftover chicken or when I need something that I can throw together in advance.
Since I've already shared a couple of my favorite go-to chicken salad recipes in previous years (like my Skinny Polynesian Chicken Salad; my Hot Chicken Salad Casserole <-- great during the cooler months; and my Dijon Chicken Salad), I knew that it was time for a twist!
We all love anything that has a sweet-and-salty sesame-peanut flavor combination going on, so I figured that a cold chicken salad dressed in a homemade Asian-inspired vinaigrette would be a winner all around. And I was right...
This Thai Peanut Chicken Salad Is Full Of Textures And Flavors!
This recipe has it all: from crisp shredded cabbage to crunchy peanuts, sweet raisins and fresh veggies, it's a combination of flavors and textures that keeps your tastebuds entertained. My boys love to eat the chicken in tortilla wraps, but it's equally good stuffed into whole wheat pita pockets or served on a bed of lettuce.
Prep this meal in advance and you'll have a delicious lunch or dinner option ready when you need it! Again, it's a great way to enjoy leftover chicken or shortcut Rotisserie-style meat from the deli. Enjoy!
Looking for other delicious chicken recipes? Try these favorites:
If you’ve tried this Thai Peanut Chicken Salad or any other recipe on The Seasoned Mom then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! You can also follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest to see what I’m getting up to.
Thai Peanut Chicken Salad
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 2 cups coleslaw mix
- ½ cup golden raisins
- ⅓ cup chopped peanuts
- 1 green onion chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Optional: Sesame seeds green onion, or additional chopped peanuts for garnish
- For serving: lettuce leaves tortillas, pitas, or sandwich rolls
- In a large bowl, toss together chicken, bell pepper, coleslaw mix, raisins, peanuts, and green onion.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together lime juice, vinegar, honey, peanut butter, soy sauce, sesame oil, and garlic powder until smooth.
- Pour over chicken mixture and toss to coat. Garnish with sesame seeds, chopped green onion, or additional chopped peanuts just before serving.
- Serve in lettuce wraps, in tortilla wraps, in pita pockets, or on sandwich rolls.