These flourless Glazed Honey Bun Breakfast Cookies are sweet, healthy, and satisfying! They are a perfect clean eating breakfast or snack on-the-go, and they also happen to be gluten-free, dairy-free, and full of fiber, protein, and healthy fats. Go ahead, indulge your cravings and start your day with a cookie!
We love breakfast cookies around here! The kids feel like they're getting a special treat to start their day, and I appreciate that the "cookies" are actually a nutritious option that I can prepare in advance for busy mornings.
These Breakfast Cookies Are Not Only For Breakfast!
But let's be clear: while these cookies are absolutely healthy enough to eat for breakfast, they are certainly not limited to morning hours. We have gobbled these guys for dessert after dinner, we have packed them in lunch boxes for school snacks, and we have nibbled them with a cup of tea in the afternoon. They're versatile, friends!
I came up with this recipe when I was trying to think of a tasty and FUN back-to-school breakfast for the boys. I remembered how much they loved my 2-Bite Flourless Chocolate Chip Cookies, so I figured that I could make a few adjustments to that recipe and create a morning counterpart!
In my opinion, there's nothing better on a cool fall day than the warm and comforting flavor of cinnamon. But since we all know that buttery cinnamon rolls or bakery-style honey buns are not necessarily "brain food," I usually prefer to nourish my family's bodies with other healthier options.
I stole the honey and cinnamon flavors from a classic honey bun and packaged them into these portable cookies that stay crispy on the outside and tender and moist on the inside.
Add a honey glaze over top and what child could resist?! Studded with cinnamon chips for an added burst of flavor and texture, these cookies keep everyone in our house VERY happy!
Looking for other healthy breakfast options? Try these:
- Overnight Apple Crisp Breakfast Parfait
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Baked Pancakes
- Healthy Chunky Monkey Rice Bowl
If you’ve tried these Glazed Honey Bun Breakfast Cookies or any other recipe on The Seasoned Mom then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! You can also follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest to see what I’m getting up to.
Glazed Honey Bun Breakfast Cookies
- 1 15.5 ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup almond butter peanut butter, or sunflower seed butter
- ⅓ cup oats
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup or honey
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- Optional: ½ cup cinnamon chips white chocolate chips would also taste great!
For the Honey Glaze:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup honey
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C)
- Combine first 8 ingredients in food processor and pulse until dough forms.
- Gently fold in cinnamon chips, if desired.
- Using a heaping tablespoon, scoop dough onto a baking sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Use the back of a spoon to press down on the cookies and flatten slightly.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely before glazing.
For the glaze:
- Melt butter in a small saucepan. Add honey and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 2-3 minutes. Allow the glaze to cool slightly. Use a pastry brush or spoon to spread a thin layer of glaze over each cookie. Place cookies on a wire rack until glaze sets.