With just 5 ingredients and about 5 minutes of prep, this Dump-and-Bake Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole is an easy dinner that cooks in one dish! There's no need to pre-cook the rice, pre-cook the chicken, or pre-cook the veggies, making the cozy, family-friendly meal a simple option for busy nights!
You know what's even better than creating my own new dump-and-bake dinner recipes? Having awesome readers send me their favorite dump-and-bake dinner recipes!
I initially met Rachel when she participated in my free 5-Day Meal Planning Challenge (you can still join the free challenge HERE if you're interested). Rachel was very active in the Facebook group, where she was kind enough to share a number of different meal ideas.
This Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole is one of Rachel's favorite easy dinner options, and after one look at the short ingredient list I knew that it would be a winner in my house as well!
Not only does it taste delicious, but Rachel's Dump-and-Bake Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole could not be easier!
How To Make Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole
You start by whisking together a can of Cream of Chicken Soup with some water in your dish.
Add the raw chicken, frozen broccoli florets (yes, still frozen!), and uncooked rice. I used baby broccoli florets because they're the perfect size for my kids to eat without even cutting them!
Season it all with salt and pepper, give it a stir, and cover the dish tightly with foil. That's it!
The rice cooks slowly in the pan, absorbing the liquid, releasing its starches, and creating this great creamy consistency. With an optional sprinkle of cheese on top, the end result is a one-pot Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole that looks (and tastes) like you spent hours slaving over a hot stove!
The meat is juicy, the broccoli is tender, and the dish is like a giant, comforting hug on a cool evening. Best of all, you only have to spend about 5 minutes dumping the ingredients into your pan. That's a major WIN!
More Dump and Bake Recipes You Might Like:
- Dump and bake chicken noodle casserole
- Dump and bake chicken fajita quinoa
- Dump and bake taco casserole
- Dump and bake cider glazed chicken
Dump-and-Bake Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole
- 1 (10.5 oz) can condensed cream of chicken soup (NOT diluted)
- ¾ cup water
- 1 cup uncooked long grain white rice
- 1 lb. uncooked chicken breast or tenders diced
- 1 (12.6 oz) bag frozen baby broccoli florets (or cuts)
- Optional topping: ½ cup grated cheddar cheese*
- Preheat oven to 375F (190C). Spray a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Add cream of chicken soup and water to the prepared dish. Whisk together until completely combined.
- Stir in uncooked rice, uncooked chicken, and frozen broccoli. Season with about ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Stir again.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake for 1 hour, or until the liquid is absorbed, the rice is tender, and the chicken is cooked through. If desired, sprinkle the top of the casserole with grated cheese and return to the oven for a few more minutes, just until the cheese is melted.