Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.
If you need an easy side dish that takes just minutes to prepare, this is truly the perfect Oven Roasted Asparagus! With a touch of olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic, the flavorful veggies are finished with shaved Parmesan cheese for a healthy spring dish that complements just about any meal!
There’s one main vegetable that instantly makes me think of spring: fresh asparagus.
These days we’re spoiled and can find the vegetable in grocery stores year-round; but it’s truly at its best just as we’re emerging from our winter hibernation and anxiously awaiting the bright, nutritious flavors straight from local farms.
As with any perfectly fresh vegetable, it doesn’t take much to highlight the plant’s natural flavors.
This Oven Roasted Asparagus recipe is my favorite easy way to enjoy a spring vegetable…while keeping it very simple.
How to Fix Oven Roasted Asparagus with Parmesan:
The roasting process brings out the natural sweetness in the asparagus, and also allows you to control the texture of your finished dish. If you like it really charred and crispy (like me), let it bake even longer. If you prefer mild, tender-yet-still-a-bit-crisp asparagus, pull it out sooner.
It’s all good!
The instructions and ingredients for this dish are incredibly simple. You’ll need:
- Olive oil
- Garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
Just toss the asparagus with the oil and seasoning. Roast in a 425 degree F oven for 12-15 minutes, or until the asparagus reaches your desired level of char and tenderness.
You can garnish the asparagus with shaved Parmesan just before serving, if desired, but it’s certainly not necessary.
What to serve with Oven Roasted Asparagus:
No matter how you serve it, this Roasted Asparagus really is perfect!
Other unique or interesting asparagus recipes that you might enjoy:
Perfect Oven Roasted Asparagus
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil (for easy clean up) and spray with cooking spray.
- Arrange asparagus in an even layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Drizzle olive oil over asparagus, season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder, and toss to coat.
- Roast asparagus for 12-15 minutes (depending on the thickness of your asparagus), or until tender and slightly charred. Stir halfway through for even browning.
- Serve asparagus warm or at room temperature. Garnish with shaved Parmesan, if desired.