If you need an easy side dish that takes just minutes to prepare, this is truly the perfect Oven Roasted Asparagus! With a touch of olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic, the flavorful veggies are finished with shaved Parmesan cheese for a healthy spring dish that complements just about any meal!
There’s one main vegetable that instantly makes me think of spring: fresh asparagus.
These days we’re spoiled and can find the vegetable in grocery stores year-round; but it’s truly at its best just as we’re emerging from our winter hibernation and anxiously awaiting the bright, nutritious flavors straight from local farms.
As with any perfectly fresh vegetable, it doesn’t take much to highlight the plant’s natural flavors.
This Roasted Asparagus is my favorite easy way to enjoy a spring vegetable…while keeping it very simple.
The roasting process brings out the natural sweetness in the asparagus, and also allows you to control the texture of your finished dish. If you like it really charred and crispy (like me), let it bake even longer. If you prefer mild, tender-yet-still-a-bit-crisp asparagus, pull it out sooner.
It’s all good!
Since you only need olive oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper for this recipe, my favorite Oven Roasted Asparagus is one of those easy go-to weeknight sides that we turn to time and time again.
No matter how you serve it, this Roasted Asparagus really is perfect!
PERFECT OVEN ROASTED ASPARAGUS
Perfect Oven Roasted Asparagus
- 1 lb. fresh asparagus trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Shaved Parmesan cheese for serving
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil (for easy clean up) and spray with cooking spray.
- Arrange asparagus in an even layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Drizzle olive oil over asparagus, season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder, and toss to coat.
- Roast asparagus for 12-15 minutes (depending on the thickness of your asparagus), or until tender and slightly charred. Stir halfway through for even browning.
- Serve asparagus warm or at room temperature. Garnish with shaved Parmesan, if desired.
Cooking Just for Two? This is an easy recipe to scale to fit any family. For two adults, just cut the ingredients in half. For a larger group, double the ingredients. Cooking instructions remain the same.