This recipe for Cheddar Biscuits with Chives and Bacon was originally published in September, 2014. The post was updated in March, 2017.
Cheddar Biscuits with Chives and Bacon are the perfect, prep-ahead side dish for all of your brunches, showers, and Spring celebrations! The easy recipe only requires 15 minutes of prep, so you can bake the biscuits on a Sunday morning to enjoy with your omelet, or stash them in the freezer for a later date!
This recipe was inspired by my friend Margeaux, who is one of my favorite recipe sharers! She loves to cook as much as I do, and she’s full of great ideas (remember her amazing coleslaw?!).
When she told me about some scones that she had made using cheddar, chives, and bacon, I knew that I needed to create my own version at home. With Easter brunch, Mother’s Day, and multiple baby showers on the horizon, I knew that these bacon biscuits would be the perfect side dish for all of our festive occasions.
These Cheddar Biscuits Are Ready In Just 30 Minutes!
I also love these bacon biscuits because they are completely nostalgic. I used my dad’s biscuit recipe, which he has been making for as long as I can remember.
I have vivid images from my childhood of enjoying the plain version with strawberry jam on Sunday mornings before church. They are 100% comfort food for me because they remind me of my parents! Plus, they just taste really good. They’re not greasy at all, and I love that my boys now enjoy them (with jam), too. I think that GrandDaddy will probably be making a batch for my little guys the next time we visit!
If you’ve tried these Cheddar Biscuits with Chives And Bacon or any other recipe on The Seasoned Mom then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! You can also follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest to see what I’m getting up to.
Cheddar Chive and Bacon Biscuits
Chive Cheddar Biscuits made with bacon. A delicious and easy pre-ahead side dish or breakfast.
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese grated
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- ½ cup diced cooked bacon
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup 1/2 stick butter
- ¾ cup milk
Preheat oven to 450°F/230°C.
- In a small bowl, toss together cheese, chives, and bacon with 1 tablespoon flour. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Use a pastry cutter or two forks to cut in butter.
- Add milk and stir just enough to bring the ingredients together. This should make a soft dough. Gently fold in the cheese mixture.
- Turn dough onto a floured surface and knead for about 1 minute.
- Pat or roll out dough to ½ or ¾-inch thickness.
- Cut into rounds (I used a 2 ½ inch round biscuit cutter, but a juice glass will also work!).
- For crisp biscuits, place far apart on an ungreased baking sheet. For fluffier biscuits, place them close together on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown on top.