There's no prep work necessary for this easy dinner recipe! Just dump-and-bake a few simple ingredients for a cozy, comforting, and flavorful Cool Ranch Chicken Casserole! Your weeknight meals just got a lot better...
Happy, happy Friday to you! Boy, do I have a treat to share today!
This Cool Ranch Chicken Casserole is another dump-and-bake winner that your family is going to devour...and who doesn't love that?!
Last summer I made a Doritos Nacho Cheese Taco Bake that you guys continue to rave about. One reader even said that she used Cool Ranch Doritos in that dish, which I thought sounded like a great idea!
I took her Cool Ranch Doritos inspiration and ran with it! Since chicken, cheese, and Ranch is always a great combo, this new casserole was born. And if you use a rotisserie chicken, leftover chicken from another meal, or pre-cooked chicken from the store (such as Tyson Grilled & Ready strips), the entire meal comes together in about 10 minutes!
Ingredients You Need To Make Cool Ranch Chicken Casserole
- Cooked chicken
- Condensed chicken soup
- Sour cream
- Ranch seasoning
- Cool ranch Doritos
Just mix the ingredients in a bowl, crush a bag of Doritos into coarse crumbs, and dump it all in a dish. The bottom layer of chips forms a great, flavorful crust, while the other half of the chips and cheese create a crispy, melty topping. This is a quick and easy weeknight dinner that kids and adults can all agree on!
- Cooking for Two? Cut the ingredients in half and bake the casserole in a smaller dish.
- Prep Ahead - You can prepare the casserole in advance and keep it in the refrigerator (up to overnight) until you’re ready to bake it. Don’t add the top layer of chips and cheese until it’s almost finished baking (as instructed).
More Delicious Casseroles You Might Like:
- Dump and bake Southern chicken salad casserole
- 5-ingredient ham and noodle casserole
- 3-ingredient tuna casserole
- Southern squash casserole
Dump-and-Bake Cool Ranch Chicken Casserole
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella or cheddar cheese divided
- 1 can condensed cream of chicken soup NOT diluted
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 10 ounce can Ro-tel tomatoes, drained (or substitute with about 1.25 cups petite-diced tomatoes for a mild option)
- ½ of a 1-ounce packet about 4 teaspoons dry Ranch seasoning mix (just the dry seasoning)
- 1 9.75 ounce bag Doritos Cool Ranch chips, coarsely crushed (about 4 cups crushed)
- Heat oven to 350°F (180°C). Spray an 11 x 7-inch baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together chicken, 1 cup of cheese, condensed soup, milk, sour cream, tomatoes, and dry Ranch seasoning.
- Place half of the crushed Doritos (about 2 cups) in the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Top with chicken mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, for about 20-25 minutes, or until heated through. Sprinkle top of the casserole with remaining crushed Doritos and remaining ½ cup of shredded cheese. Put the dish back in the oven for about 5 more minutes, or until the cheese is melted.