You only need 5 ingredients and about 10 minutes to pull together this easy Crescent Roll Chicken Casserole! Like a simplified version of chicken and dumplings, the delicious and cozy meal is a family-friendly option that makes busy weeknights easier!
With the kids heading back to school, you may be panicking about sports practices, homework, laundry, and getting everything done on those crazy, busy weeknights.
That's when easy 5-ingredient dinners like this Crescent Roll Chicken Casserole become very important! They just make life a little bit smoother...
How to make this easy Chicken Casserole:
Like I said, this one is EASY!
You only need 5 basic ingredients:
- Condensed cream of chicken soup
- Chicken broth
- Grated American or cheddar cheese
- Crescent roll dough
- Cooked chicken
I use American cheese because my kids love the mild taste and I love how smoothly it melts into the sauce; however, your favorite block of cheddar cheese will also work beautifully!
First, prepare the cheese sauce by combining condensed soup, broth, and grated cheese in a saucepan. Whisk over low heat for just a few minutes. You don't want to boil the sauce, so keep an eye on it and remove it from the stovetop as soon as it is warm and melted.
Then it's time to prepare the crescent roll bundles for this chicken casserole!
Start by unrolling the crescent roll dough and separating it into 8 triangles.
Place about 1 tablespoon of cooked, diced chicken on each triangle, and roll up the dough (starting with the widest end first). This doesn't have to be perfect -- trust me!
Place each little bundle in the bottom of an 8-inch square baking dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
Sprinkle the remaining diced chicken over the crescent rolls and pour the cheese sauce on top.
You'll just bake the casserole (uncovered) at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes, or until the crescent rolls are golden brown and the sauce is hot and bubbly.
What to serve with this easy dinner:
The casserole is perfect served with steamed broccoli or a simple green salad. We also like to combine the dish with rice, noodles or mashed potatoes to soak up all of that delicious gravy!
Trust me -- there's not a kid in your house that will say, "no!" to this delicious, comforting meal!
More easy chicken casserole recipes that you might enjoy:
- Dump-and-Bake Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole
- Dump-and-Bake Chicken Parmesan Casserole
- Chicken and Stuffing Casserole
- Dump-and-Bake Chicken and Mushroom Casserole
5-Ingredient Crescent Roll Chicken Casserole
- 2 cups cooked, diced chicken
- 1 (8 ounce) tube refrigerated crescent roll dough (8 count)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup (NOT diluted)
- 1 cup grated American or cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a saucepan over low heat, stir together chicken broth, condensed cream of chicken soup, and grated cheese. Warm over the low heat, whisking constantly, just until cheese melts and sauce is combined. Remove from heat before the sauce boils.
- Unroll crescent roll dough and separate into 8 triangles. Place about 1 tablespoon of chicken in the center of each crescent roll. Roll the dough up and place each rolled crescent roll in the bottom of the prepared dish.
- Sprinkle remaining chicken over top of the crescent rolls. Pour soup mixture over all.
- Bake, uncovered, for about 30 minutes, or until crescent rolls are browned on top and sauce is bubbly.