You don’t even have to boil the pasta, cook the chicken, or sauté the vegetables! Just stir everything together and 10 minutes later you’ll have a Dump-and-Bake Creamy Chicken Penne Pasta that’s ready for the oven. It’s a one pot meal that makes weeknight dinners easy!
There are certain recipes that are just guaranteed to be a hit with the kids (and with the husband)! If it involves creamy penne pasta, I can throw just about anything else into the casserole and know that my boys will clean their plates.
This particular cheesy, creamy chicken dinner is full of fresh vegetables and tender penne pasta for a simple, nourishing and satisfying dinner with virtually ZERO prep work!
How long do you cook the penne pasta?
The pasta, chicken, and vegetables all cook together in one dish, thanks to the dump-and-bake method. Unlike other casseroles that require multiple steps, this recipe cuts out all of the time consuming tasks. You know what that means? It means that there’s less hands-on time for you, and fewer dishes to wash at the end!
After 10 minutes of work, the creamy chicken penne pasta cooks in the oven for a total of about 55 minutes. This ensures that the pasta is tender, the chicken is cooked through, and the vegetables are soft. It’s like magic…and everything is done at the same time!
I know that your family will love the creamy, cheesy sauce while you will appreciate the ease of this dish (and the fact that your kids are actually devouring their veggies)!
If you’ve tried this Creamy Chicken Penne Pasta or any other recipe on The Seasoned Mom, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! You can follow me on Facebook, on Instagram, on Pinterest, and on Twitter!
Dump-and-Bake Creamy Chicken Penne Pasta
You don't even have to boil the pasta, cook the chicken, or sauté the vegetables! Just stir everything together and 10 minutes later you'll have a Dump-and-Bake Creamy Chicken Penne Pasta that's ready for the oven. It's a one pot meal that makes weeknight dinners easy!
- 1 can (10.5 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup (NOT diluted) (I used Campbell’s Healthy Request)
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup low-sodium chicken broth or water
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup diced onion (I used frozen diced onion as a shortcut)
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- ½ cup diced red bell pepper
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- ½ lb. raw boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced into bite-sized pieces
- 1 ½ cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1 cup grated American or cheddar cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together condensed soup, milk, chicken broth, and pepper. Stir in onion, mushrooms, bell pepper, celery, raw chicken, uncooked pasta, and ½ cup cheese.
- Transfer mixture to prepared baking dish. Cover tightly and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove foil and give everything a stir in the dish. Sprinkle remaining ½ cup of cheese over top. Return to the oven and bake, uncovered, for 30-40 more minutes, or until pasta is tender and chicken is cooked through.
Cooking for a larger family? I recommend doubling all of the ingredients and preparing the casserole in a 9 x 13-inch baking dish. The baking instructions remain the same.