This Dump-and-Bake Creamy Tuscan Chicken Pasta is an easy dinner that everyone loves -- and you don't even have to boil the noodles!
If there's something we all need on weeknights it's a delicious and comforting meal that requires minimal prep, effort and of course clean up!
Luckily this Creamy Tuscan Chicken Pasta tick's all the boxes! It's made with simple ingredients and couldn't be easier to put together.
So What Is Tuscan Chicken?
Most Italian-American Tuscan chicken dishes are made with onions, garlic, sun dried tomatoes, Italian herbs and chicken. It's all simmered in a creamy sauce and really is so comforting and delicious.
This Creamy Tuscan Chicken Pasta makes things even easier because it requires almost no prep work on my part. I can literally stir together all of the ingredients in one dish, put it in the oven, and then move on with more pressing matters.
Get On With Other Things While Your Dinner Bakes To Perfection
I often give the boys their baths while our meal bakes, I might help the older two with their homework, or I even respond to a few emails. And when we're done devouring the dinner? There's only one pan to wash. That's like the icing on the cake!
This Tuscan Chicken Pasta is a twist on my incredibly popular Dump-and-Bake Chicken Alfredo Pasta Casserole from last year.
I added diced tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, spinach, and roasted red peppers to an already creamy, cheesy pot of YUM. Now that the veggies are included in the mix, you don't even have to worry about sides! Just when you thought it couldn't get any better...
If you find yourself dreading the post-work, post-daycare, end-of-the-day slump, then take a weight off of your shoulders. Give yourself a break and throw together a Creamy Tuscan Chicken Pasta that will make even the fussiest toddler smile!
Extra Tips For Making Creamy Tuscan Chicken Pasta;
Cooking for a Smaller Crowd? You can cut the ingredients in half and bake the pasta in an 8-inch or 9-inch square dish.
Want to Prep Ahead? Prepare the dish to Step 2 -- cover with foil and keep in the refrigerator until you're ready to bake it later.
More Chicken Pasta Recipes You Might Like;
- Dump and Bake Cajun Chicken Pasta
- Dump and Bake Chicken Pot Pie Pasta
- 10-Minute Chicken Florentine Pasta
- Chicken, Broccoli and Cheese Pasta
Dump-and-Bake Creamy Tuscan Chicken Pasta
- 1 (16 ounce) package uncooked rotini pasta
- 1 (22 ounce) jar Alfredo sauce (about 2 ½ cups)
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups diced rotisserie chicken, or other diced cooked chicken
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 (4 ounce) jar diced roasted red peppers, drained (about ½ cup)
- ½ cup minced sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella or Italian blend cheese
- Optional: Parmesan cheese and fresh chopped herbs (such as basil, oregano, and parsley for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 425F (220C).
- In a large 13 x 9-inch baking dish, stir together uncooked pasta, Alfredo sauce, chicken broth, chicken, garlic, red peppers, and sun-dried tomatoes. Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake for 35 minutes.
- Uncover; stir. At this point you should check the pasta to make sure that it is al dente (firm but just about finished cooking). If it’s still too hard, cover the dish and return to the oven until pasta is al dente. Then move on to the next step.
- Once pasta is al dente, stir in the fresh spinach. The spinach will wilt almost instantly as you stir it into the hot pasta. Sprinkle mozzarella over the top. Bake uncovered for 10 more minutes (or until cheese is melted and pasta is tender).
- Garnish with freshly grated Parmesan or fresh chopped herbs, if desired.