With only a few ingredients and 5 minutes of prep time, you can pull together this sweet, crispy, and juicy 3-Ingredient Apricot Glazed Chicken for your busiest days!
This recipe for 3-Ingredient Apricot Glazed Chicken was originally posted in August, 2014. The photos were updated in May, 2017.
The start of the new school year is actually getting closer for us...I can almost taste it! Let's just say that I've had a pretty difficult time this summer entertaining my older two boys with a baby in tow.
Nothing is easy! We've had plenty of travels, fun adventures, and family time, but it was not always smooth. I think that the kids are just as ready for school to start as I am!
And as we know, with the start of a new school year comes the return of busy weeknights, soccer practices, board meetings, and all of the other commitments that we find on our calendar.
That's why it's more important than ever to have some tasty dinner options that will please the masses without making you a slave to your stove.
Ingredients You Need To Make Apricot Glazed Chicken
I should clarify that this Apricot Glazed Chicken actually includes FOUR ingredients (if you count the chicken)! Math never was my strongest subject, but even I can count that high. ????
The apricot glaze is made with just 3 simple-yet-flavorful ingredients for a dinner that will fill your family's tummies while saving you time!
Pop the glazed chicken in the oven and off you go to accomplish the other 9098342098088 tasks on your to-do list for the evening!
Cook's Tips - 3-Ingredient Apricot Glazed Chicken
- Cooking Just for Two? This meal can easily be prepared in smaller quantities by cutting all of the ingredients in half. You can use only chicken breasts, only thighs, or only drumsticks if that's an easier way to purchase 1.5-2 lbs. of meat. You will also want to cut the glaze ingredients in half. Cooking time should remain the same.
- Want to Prep Ahead? There's not much prep work involved at all, but if you want to get a head start you can whisk together the glaze in advance. Keep it covered in the refrigerator for up to 1 week before using.
More Delicious Chicken Recipes To Try;
- Garlic Sesame Chicken
- Chinese Chicken Salad with Cashews
- Dump and Bake Chicken Tacos
- One Pot Coconut Chicken Curry
3-Ingredient Apricot Glazed Chicken
- 3-4 pounds bone-in skin-on chicken parts (breasts, thighs, drumsticks, or a combination)
- 8 ounces Catalina salad dressing
- ½ jar (about 5-6 ounces ) apricot jam
- 1 1 ouce envelope dry onion soup mix
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C).
- For easy clean-up, line a roasting pan or a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Place chicken, skin-side up, on prepared pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together 3 glaze ingredients.
- Pour sauce over chicken and spread liberally on each piece.
- Bake, uncovered, for about 1 hour, or until chicken is cooked through.