It’s cucumber season around here, which means that a lot of us have more cucumbers growing in our gardens than we know what to do with! It also means that they’re readily available at the farmers’ market and at the grocery store for anyone that doesn’t have a garden. Wherever you find your veggies, I highly recommend that you make this perfect summer side dish!
These are Mom’s Marinated Cucumbers – the ones that I grew up eating. Like so many of our favorite childhood recipes, one taste of this dish instantly transports me back to my mom’s kitchen when I was a child. I just love the sweet and tangy marinade, the cool crisp cucumbers, and the fact that they’re incredibly fast and easy to prepare in advance. I hope that they become a regular in your house, too!
Mom's Marinated Cucumbers
- 3 medium cucumbers peeled if desired
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Fresh parsley chopped (for garnish)
- Slice cucumbers very thinly into serving bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients. Pour over cucumbers. Cover; chill at least one hour before serving.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley before serving.
Looking for other great vegetable recipes? Try these favorites: