There’s no healthier, easier, or faster summer entree than a perfect piece of grilled salmon. This 15-minute recipe is a staple in our regular dinner routine, and I’m so excited to share my tips with you today!
Aside from pizza and spaghetti, I’d say that this particular grilled salmon recipe is one of the meals that I prepare most frequently for my family.
It’s my easy go-to when I feel like we need something nutritious, but I don’t want to spend much time in the kitchen. Every boy in my house will clean his plate — no questions asked — which is certainly not always the case with other dinners that I serve.
Any mom that’s trying to please a family of 5 opinionated eaters can understand that it’s a true GEM when you find a healthy recipe that appeals to the whole crew!
How do you season grilled salmon?
This is the KEY to the perfect piece of grilled fish, my friends! I never prepare our salmon without using my mom’s “House Seasoning,” which is just a simple blend of herbs and salt that works like magic in this recipe.
I have provided the instructions to make your own batch of House Seasoning, which you can use in this grilled salmon recipe, as well as in many other dishes that you will prepare.
I hate clutter on my kitchen counters, but this little blue dish has earned a permanent spot by my stove because I use it all of the time! I season chicken and fish with the House Seasoning regularly, I use it to season pasta with butter, I use it to season regular green salads, pasta salads, roasted vegetables, homemade Tzatziki sauces, and the list goes on…
Trust me and make yourself a big batch so that you can continue to enjoy it with grilled salmon and almost everything else that you prepare this season!
Once you have a batch of House Seasoning sitting on your counter, the rest is easy-peasy!
How do you grill salmon?
- Make sure to slice your salmon fillet into individual pieces before grilling. That will make it much easier to flip! I find that sharp kitchen shears work much better than a knife for cutting through the fish skin.
- Rub your fish with olive oil before seasoning the fillets. This will prevent the salmon from sticking to the grill, and it helps to create a crispy exterior on the fish.
- Preheat an outdoor grill or an indoor grill pan to medium heat. I find that cooking the salmon over medium heat gives it that delicious, charred exterior while keeping the inside moist and tender.
If you follow my easy grilling steps and season your fish with our favorite House Seasoning, I have no doubt that you will have the perfect piece of grilled salmon every single time!
Enjoy, my friends, and please let me know if you give it a try!
The Perfect 15-Minute Grilled Salmon
There's no healthier, easier, or faster summer entree than a perfect piece of grilled salmon. This 15-minute recipe is a staple in our regular dinner routine, and I'm so excited to share my tips with you today!
For the Salmon:
- 1 – 1 ½ lbs. salmon fillet cut into 4 pieces
- Olive oil
For the House Seasoning:
- ¼ c. garlic powder
- ¼ c. kosher salt
- ¼ c. dried parsley
- ¼ c. dried minced onion
- ¼ c. dried basil
- Prepare the House Seasoning: Mix ingredients together and store in an airtight container for up to 6 months.
- Prepare the Salmon: Rub each piece of salmon with olive oil and sprinkle with house seasoning, to taste (I use about 1 teaspoon of olive oil and ¼ teaspoon of seasoning per piece).
- Grill the Salmon: Heat coals, gas grill, or grill pan to medium heat. Remove salmon from the bag and discard marinade. Place salmon on the grill. Cover and grill over medium heat for about 5 minutes per side (maybe a few more minutes, depending on the thickness of your fish). The salmon is done when it flakes easily with a fork.
Cooking Just for Two? Purchase about 1/2 lb. of salmon and cut it into 2 separate pieces. The rest of the cooking instructions remain the same.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.