With just 5 simple ingredients and 5 minutes of prep, this Crispy Honey Garlic Chicken is an easy weeknight dinner recipe for stress-free evenings! The tender, juicy meat is easy to pull off of the bone for little kids, while the rich, full flavor keeps adults happy as well! Plus, this adaptable recipe can be adjusted to serve just two people!
Let's face it: most of us just don't have the time, energy, or desire to spend more than a few minutes pulling together dinner every night. But for some reason, the family still wants to eat!???? And that's where this Honey Garlic Chicken comes in...
Since the meal only requires about 5 minutes of hands-on prep time, it's one of those great easy, go-to dinners for busy nights.
Plus, the honey garlic chicken is basted in the most dreamy, sticky, sweet-and-savory sauce that gives the meat a gorgeous golden brown, crispy exterior as it bakes. Seriously...this chicken is downright beee-you-tee-full!
Here's What You Need To Make It;
- Rice Vinegar
- Soy Sauce
What Type Of Chicken To Use
While it looks fancy enough to serve guests, the honey garlic chicken is equally appropriate for your kids who just want to use their hands to eat their food -- utensils optional! Drumsticks and kiddos are a match made in heaven, right?
But don't worry -- if you prefer chicken breasts or chicken thighs, those pieces work equally well with this recipe. I typically use a combination of all 3!
If someone at your dinner table is a bit more finicky, you can easily remove the skin and bones after the meat cooks. The tender, juicy inside is mild and palatable for even your choosiest family members!
I like to serve our Crispy Honey Garlic Chicken with rice and steamed broccoli, but it also tastes great with salad, tucked inside a wrap, or served straight off the pan with a piece of crusty bread for soaking up the sauce!
No matter how you choose to enjoy it, I know that the easy dinner will soon become a regular at your family's table as well!
Cooking Just for Two?
You can easily cut the recipe in half. The grocery store often sells bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs or drumsticks in packages that range from 1.5 - 2 lbs.
That's the perfect amount of chicken to cook for two people, and then just cut the sauce ingredients in half as well. Cooking time and temperature will remain the same.
More Chicken Recipes To Try;
- Chicken, Broccoli and Rice Casserole
- 5-Ingredient Crescent Roll Chicken Casserole
- Healthy Slow Cooker Chicken Stew
- Dump and Bake Jerk Chicken
5-Ingredient Crispy Honey Garlic Chicken
- 3-4 pounds bone-in skin-on chicken parts (breasts, thighs, drumsticks, or a combination)
- ½ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water more or less, to thin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C).
- For easy clean-up, line a roasting pan or a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Place chicken, skin-side up, on prepared pan. Season with salt and pepper on all sides.
- In a small bowl, whisk together honey, garlic, rice vinegar, and soy sauce. Add water to thin, as necessary.
- Spoon about half of the sauce over chicken and spread liberally on each piece. Set aside remaining sauce.
- Bake, uncovered, for about 50 minutes - 1 hour, or until chicken is cooked through and skin is crispy and golden brown. As the chicken cooks, baste it once or twice with the remaining sauce.