This Quick and Easy Cheeseburger Pie is one of those great dinners that the entire family will rave about! It comes together quickly, so it’s perfect for a busy evening when you need a meal on the table with just a handful of pantry staples!
Oh my goodness…my boys LOVE this easy dinner, you guys!
Gibbs said that it reminds him of meatloaf, which I don’t really get…but maybe it’s the ground beef? Casey said it’s “like a burger,” and Keith just went back for seconds and had another batch for lunch the following day.
I call it a Cheeseburger Pie, but no matter how you describe it, one thing is for sure: this meal will be a HUGE hit with your family! You just can’t argue with this combination of ingredients…
If you’re like me, then you will definitely appreciate how easily the family-friendly dinner comes together, too.
Since our evenings are always rushed and hectic, I make the Cheeseburger Pie even faster by prepping the beef mixture in advance.
It can sit in the pie plate, ready to go, for a couple of days in your refrigerator — just waiting for the batter and the oven. Pair it with a light, fresh, simple green salad and your meal is complete!
QUICK AND EASY CHEESEBURGER PIE
Quick and Easy Cheeseburger Pie
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 cup diced onion
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup Bisquick baking mix or other similar all-purpose baking mix
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a 9-inch pie dish (an 8-inch square pan will also work) with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef and onion over medium heat until beef is no longer pink (about 8-10 minutes). Drain.
- Stir in salt, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, and cheese.
- Transfer beef mixture to the prepared pie dish.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together Bisquick, milk, and eggs, just until combined (it’s fine if you still have some lumps in the batter – do not overmix).
- Pour batter on top of beef.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Cooking for a Larger Family? You can double the recipe and bake the Cheeseburger Pie in a 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
Want to Prep Ahead? To make the prep time even faster, I like to complete steps 1-4 in advance. Keep the beef mixture in the pie dish (covered) in the refrigerator for up to 3 days before adding the batter and baking.