This Easy Cheeseburger Pie is one of those great dinners that the entire family will rave about! It comes together quickly, so it's perfect for a busy evening when you need a meal on the table with just a handful of pantry staples!
Oh my goodness...my boys LOVE this easy dinner, you guys!
Gibbs said that it reminds him of meatloaf, which I don't really get...but maybe it's the ground beef? Casey said it's "like a burger," and Keith just went back for seconds and had another batch for lunch the following day.
I call it a Cheeseburger Pie, but no matter how you describe it, one thing is for sure: this meal will be a HUGE hit with your family! You just can't argue with this combination of ingredients...
If you're like me, then you will definitely appreciate how easily the family-friendly dinner comes together, too.
Since our evenings are always rushed and hectic, I make the Cheeseburger Pie even faster by prepping the beef mixture in advance.
It can sit in the pie plate, ready to go, for a couple of days in your refrigerator -- just waiting for the batter and the oven. Pair it with a light, fresh, simple green salad and your meal is complete!
Cook's Tips and Recipe Variations:
- Make it a Bacon Cheeseburger Pie by adding some chopped bacon to the skillet when you brown the ground beef!
- Swap out the ground beef and replace it with an equal amount of ground turkey or ground chicken.
- Serving a larger family? Double the ingredients and bake the pie in a 9 x 13-inch casserole dish.
- Prep ahead! You can prepare and bake the entire casserole in advance, and then simply reheat it when you're ready to serve. To reheat the casserole, warm it in a 325 degree F oven for 15-20 minutes.
- You can also assemble the ingredients in advance by placing the cooked beef mixture in the dish and keeping it covered in the refrigerator. At the last minute, whisk together the crust batter, pour over top, and bake!
Other easy ground beef casserole recipes that you might enjoy:
- 4-Ingredient Ground Beef Casserole
- 5-Ingredient Dump-and-Bake Beefaroni
- 5-Ingredient Cabbage Casserole
Easy Cheeseburger Pie
- 1 lb. ground beef (I used extra lean ground beef, but any variety will work)
- 1 cup diced onion
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (I used 2% shredded cheddar)
- ½ cup Bisquick baking mix (I used Heart Smart Bisquick, but any other similar all-purpose baking mix will work)
- 1 cup milk (I used 2% milk)
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a 9-inch pie dish (an 8-inch square pan will also work) with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef and onion over medium heat until beef is no longer pink (about 8-10 minutes). Drain.
- Stir in salt, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, and cheese.
- Transfer beef mixture to the prepared pie dish.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together Bisquick, milk, and eggs, just until combined (it’s fine if you still have some lumps in the batter – do not overmix).
- Pour batter on top of beef.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.