With just 5 simple ingredients and 5 minutes of prep, you can serve fluffy Easy Buttermilk Pancakes to a group -- no flipping on the griddle necessary! Perfect for a weekend brunch, a holiday gathering, or a simple weeknight dinner, these pancakes are the fastest and easiest way to feed a crowd! Plus, they're freezer-friendly, making them a great way to prep ahead!
That's right -- I'm bringing my favorite dump-and-bake cooking method to BREAKFAST! And not just any breakfast, but the best buttermilk pancakes!
Whether we're prepping weekday breakfasts for the kids, serving a special holiday brunch to guests, or throwing together an easy weeknight dinner for the family, buttermilk pancakes are always a hit. Unfortunately, I don't serve them nearly enough because they just seem too labor-intensive.
I don't want to be standing over a stove for 20-30 minutes flipping enough pancakes to feed my ravenous boys. Plus, I always seem to burn at least half of them when I get distracted by the bacon, eggs, or orange juice that I'm also fussing with!
Instead, I decided to bake my batter in a casserole dish for the ultimate Lazy Mom's shortcut. And you know what? It turned out BETTER than I ever would have imagined! Moist, flavorful, thick, and fluffy -- everything that I want my buttermilk pancakes to be!
So Why Use Buttermilk To Make Pancakes?
Buttermilk adds a delicious tangy flavor to pancake batter. Also, the acid in the buttermilk helps leaven the pancake batter, making them extra light and fluffy.
Oven baked pancakes only require 5 minutes prep, don't require flipping at the stove, and turn out perfectly light and fluffy!
Variations - Things To Add To These Easy Buttermilk Pancakes
Not only is it a deliciously lazy shortcut, but the baked buttermilk pancakes are completely customizable! I use a basic batter and then let everyone at the table dress them up to suit personal tastes: butter (of course), maple syrup (of course), fresh berries, chocolate chips, powdered sugar, and whipped cream are all beautiful additions.
This 5-ingredient recipe is such a simple way to spoil your family! The pancakes would even be a fun dish to share at a kids' slumber party, at a church potluck, or at a bridal shower. Let's face it, everyone loves fluffy buttermilk pancakes -- especially when the meal only requires 5 minutes of prep!
Other easy pancake recipes that you might enjoy:
Dump-and-Bake 5-Ingredient Easy Buttermilk Pancakes
- 2 cups Bisquick (or other similar all-purpose/pancake baking mix)
- 1 cup low fat buttermilk
- ½ cup milk
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup canola oil or vegetable oil
- Optional, for serving: fresh berries, maple syrup, butter, powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 425F/220C. Spray a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Stir together all ingredients in a large bowl just until nicely combined (Bisquick, buttermilk, milk, egg, and oil). Batter will still be a little bit lumpy (and that’s fine) – don’t overmix or the pancakes will be dry.
- Pour batter into the prepared baking dish and bake, uncovered, for about 15 minutes or until cooked through in the center.
- Slice into squares and serve with desired toppings!