Serve a 5-minute delicious, easy, and healthy dinner with these Dump-and-Bake Basil Chicken Breasts! The tender, juicy chicken cooks in a flavorful white wine, Dijon, and fresh basil sauce for a versatile, low-calorie, and high-protein weeknight meal!
Humble chicken breasts get a major upgrade in this fancy-tasting dinner that's perfect for your laziest days!
Trust me, friends...the secret is in the sauce...
White wine and Dijon mustard give the meat a rich, sophisticated flavor; a touch of honey adds an underlying sweetness; and plenty of herbs lend a fresh zip to this simple meal!
While the basil chicken breasts seem fancy enough to serve at your next dinner party, they can also be whisked together in about 5 minutes for a quick last-minute dish.
Keep it simple, keep it easy, and enjoy a fresh, healthy, and satisfying twist on your regular chicken breasts for dinner!
What to serve with Basil Chicken Breasts:
Here are a few great options that go well with the baked chicken:
- Pasta tossed in olive oil, butter or pesto sauce
- Crusty loaf of French bread to soak up any extra pan sauce
- A simple green salad dressed with Italian Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Oven Roasted Asparagus
- Southern Squash Casserole
More baked chicken breast recipes that you might enjoy:
- Dump-and-Bake Bruschetta Chicken
- Dump-and-Bake Chicken and Mushrooms
- Golden Baked Chicken Breasts
- 5-Minute Honey French Baked Chicken Breasts
Dump-and-Bake Basil Chicken Breasts
- ½ cup dry white wine (or chicken broth)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- 1 ½ - 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts*
- Optional garnish: additional chopped fresh basil or parsley
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Spray an 11 x 7-inch baking dish (or any similar size that accommodates your chicken in a single layer) with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together wine, olive oil, Dijon mustard, basil, garlic, honey, Italian seasoning, and salt.
- Season chicken on both sides with salt and pepper. Place chicken in the prepared baking dish.
- Pour sauce over the chicken and toss to make sure that each piece of chicken is well coated.
- Bake, uncovered, for 30-40 minutes, or until meat thermometer reads 165 degrees F. Baste with pan sauce periodically while the chicken is cooking.
- Be sure to spoon plenty of the sauce over the chicken before serving! Garnish with additional fresh herbs, if desired.