Your new favorite potluck side dish! Loaded with bacon and beef in a sweet and tangy sauce, these Cowboy Baked Beans are a quick and easy crowd-pleasing addition to any summer cookout. The beans can be prepared in the oven or in the slow cooker, for a simple solution that comes together with just 15 minutes of prep!
It's May, y'all! You know what that means?! Summer is practically here!
While I'm excited for the season of potlucks, parties, and vacations, I always get a wee bit anxious when I think of having all 3 of my boys at home with me every day...for 3 months. I'm about to morph into my role as official Camp Counselor around here, in an effort to keep everyone busy, entertained, and NOT fighting. Wish me luck with that!
An Easy Baked Beans Recipe!
But not just any baked beans!
I created the ultimate Cowboy Baked Beans, which are the baked beans that even your non-baked-bean-loving husband will embrace...because of bacon...and beef!
That's right, I've loaded up the classic ho-hum baked beans with tons of satisfying, filling, and flavorful ingredients that turn them into a mouthwatering treat.
These particular baked beans are so hearty and delicious that they can even serve as an entree! Use the leftovers to top baked potatoes or Texas Toast, or mix the beans with some rice to prepare stuffed peppers.
How long do you bake beans in the oven?
This simple homemade baked beans recipe only requires about 15-minutes of prep before it goes in the oven. The beans bake in a 350 degree F oven for about 40 minutes, or until the beans are hot and bubbly and the sauce has thickened.
If it's hot outside and you'd rather not turn on the oven, you can also simmer these Cowboy Baked Beans in your Crock Pot! See the recipe below for those additional instructions.
Enjoy, have fun this season, and let me know if you have any magical ideas for keeping 4, 7, and 8-year-old boys out of trouble this summer!
If you’ve tried these Cowboy Baked Beans or any other recipe on The Seasoned Mom, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! You can also follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest to see what I’m getting up to.
Cowboy Baked Beans
- ½ lb. ground beef
- 6 slices uncooked bacon, diced
- ¾ cup diced onion
- 2 cans pork & beans (15 ounces each)
- ¾ cup ketchup
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown ground beef and bacon in the skillet until no longer pink. Drain.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 1 ½-quart baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together cooked beef and cooked bacon with the remaining ingredients.
- Pour mixture into prepared casserole dish.
- Bake, uncovered, for about 40 minutes (or until hot and bubbly and sauce has thickened).