Bacon, cheese, and cornbread come together in a delicious, easy, make-ahead dish that is perfect for all of your warm weather gatherings! Bring this crowd-pleasing Bacon and Cheese Cornbread Salad to your next potluck, picnic, or cookout and it will disappear fast!
I’m pretty sure that if you toss some crispy, crumbled bacon and some sharp Cheddar cheese into just about any recipe, the dish will instantly be a winner. The combination is a classic and it will never steer you wrong!
That’s why I love this option for a party or group picnic. Everyone LOVES these ingredients, so it’s sure to please even your pickiest eaters. Plus, the recipe makes a large batch so you’ll have plenty to go around. Oh, and it’s one of those great salads that you can prep in advance and then just keep in your refrigerator until you need it. No last-minute fussing…the flavors just get better as the mingle over time!
I like to take short-cuts with just about all of my cooking (geez, can you imagine why?!), so I grab a couple of packets of cornbread mix to get it started. Of course, if you have more time you can always make a 13-inch by 9-inch pan of your own favorite cornbread recipe. It really doesn’t matter either way, so do what works best for you. I promise, if you use the boxed stuff nobody will ever know! After all, your coating it in mayo, bacon, and cheese…remember?
With barbecue/cook-out/picnic season RIGHT.AROUND.THE.CORNER, you can consider your quandaries solved! This is your new go-to recipe for any occasion. I promise, everyone will love it. You can grab the handy printable recipe below, BUT that’s not all!
Scroll down to the bottom of the post for even more delicious potluck-friendly recipes from some of my favorite blogging buddies! We came together to bring you the ULTIMATE list of can’t-miss, must-have, no-fail recipes for any social occasion that might appear on your calendar. Welcome to the season of fun, friends. Let the parties begin, because you are NOW fully prepared!
[Tweet “Bacon and Cheese Cornbread #Salad is an easy, crowd-pleasing #recipe for all of your picnics and potlucks this season!”]
Bacon and Cheese Cornbread Salad
- 2 6 ounce packages cornbread mix, plus any additional ingredients called for on the package
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese plus extra for garnish
- ½ of a sweet onion such as Vidalia, diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 2 ribs celery diced
- 1 16 ounce jar mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 cups chopped fresh tomatoes
- 3 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- Optional: chopped fresh chives for garnish
- Prepare both packages of cornbread according to package instructions, adding 1 cup of shredded cheese to the batter before baking.
- Allow cornbread to cool completely. Crumble into large pieces over a very large bowl.
- Add onion, bell pepper, celery, mayonnaise, garlic salt, and tomatoes to the bowl. Stir gently until completely combined.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Just before serving, top with crumbled bacon, additional cheese, and fresh chives.
As promised, here they are — some of the best, most delicious recipes for your next potluck or picnic! My favorite blogging gals have come together to offer a variety of options to keep you happy and well-fed all season long, meanwhile taking the guesswork out of your menu planning. Be sure to check out the links below to get each of these amazing recipes!