Enjoy all of summer’s best produce with this Simple Italian Green Bean Salad! It’s an easy and healthy side dish that can be prepared in advance and served at picnics, potlucks, and cookouts all season long!
Do you have a summer garden on overdrive? Or do you get to the local farmer’s market and want to buy ALL OF THE VEGGIES…but then you don’t know what to do with them?
This quick salad is a delicious way to use up some of the fresh herbs that are exploding from my garden right now, as well as the bright, sweet tomatoes and crisp green beans that are at their peak. It’s dressed in a simple Italian vinaigrette, so it pairs perfectly with just about anything — grilled burgers, fresh seafood, kabobs, casseroles, baked chicken…the list goes on!
Easy go-to recipes like this one are perfect to have on hand when you need a fast idea for a picnic or summer party. It travels well, it doesn’t require too much refrigeration, and it’s universally pleasing. Not to mention…this recipe is GOOD for you (and it tastes good, too)!
[Tweet “A perfect #healthy summer side dish #recipe: Simple Italian Green Bean #Salad! #FitFluential”]
Simple Italian Green Bean Salad
- 1 lb. green beans washed, ends trimmed, and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 10.5 ounces grape or cherry tomatoes halved
- ½ cup finely diced red onion
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped oregano or ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Salt to taste
- Cook beans in boiling water until crisp-tender (about 8-10 minutes).
- Drain beans, rinse with cold water. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl whisk together garlic, herbs, olive oil, and vinegar until completely combined. Season with salt, to taste.
- Once beans are cool, add them to the bowl along with the onion and tomatoes. Toss everything together until coated in dressing. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Okay, and NOW for today’s giveaway!!
I’ve teamed up with 15 other bloggers to help celebrate The Emotional Baker’s 100th Recipe! We’re giving away two prizes.
- Grand Prize: $100 Amazon Gift Card.
- 2nd Place: TEB’s Favorite Baking Tools Prize Pack.
The prize pack includes:
- One Camry High Accuracy Digital Kitchen Food Scale // $18.99 value
- One iSi Basics Flex-It Measuring Cups // $24.99 value
- One RSVP Endurance Spice Measuring Spoon Set // $13.95 value
- One Wilton ColorSwirl 3-Color Coupler 9-Piece Decorating Kit // $7.90 value
- One Chef’n Switchit Narrow Silicone Spatula // $9.99 value
Giveaway Made Possible By:
- The Emotional Baker
- Spoonful of Flavor
- Eva Bakes
- Cook Nourish Bliss
- Beer Girl Cooks
- The Seasoned Mom
- No Spoon Necessary
- Beaming Baker
- Flavor the Moments
- Like Mother, Like Daughter
- Fresh April Flours
- Vanessa Baked
- Brooklyn Farm Girl
- The Semisweet Sisters
- Just About Baked
- Enter the giveaway through the Rafflecopter widget below. Earn entries by following the host bloggers on social media. (If you’ve followed in the past, that counts! Just enter the information as prompted.) All entries will be verified. No purchase is necessary to win.
- The giveaway is open until Wednesday, June 29, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. EST. One Grand Prize winner and one Second Place winner will be chosen at random and e-mailed within 48 hours. Winners must claim prize within 48 hours of initial contact. The retail value of the prize is $75. Prizes listed above are the only ones available.
- Grand Prize: Open to USA, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Netherlands, Spain, United Kingdom.
Second Place: Open to U.S. residents with a valid shipping address only.
Looking for other great sides? Try these favorites: