Need a quick and healthy side dish, breakfast, or snack this season? Packed full of clean eating ingredients, this Light and Creamy Apple Salad is such a treat, and it’s ready in about 10 minutes!
Have you noticed that we’ve been enjoying a few apples recently? Actually, about 54 pounds of apples, to be exact!! To say that I had to get creative in the kitchen would be an understatement.
After canning my last batch of Slow Cooker Applesauce this week, I can honestly say that we have eaten our way through every single bit of that delicious fruit! Today’s recipe is one that I pulled together as a quick side dish to have with dinner one evening, but I have also continued to enjoy it with breakfast, lunch, and snacks. Fresh, simple ingredients are THE BEST, right?
I love the combination of flavors and textures in this salad, since we’ve got some sweet and juicy apples, rich toasted pecans, and creamy Greek yogurt all together in one bowl. A bit of unsweetened coconut to garnish the top gives it that extra-special taste that makes this a big winner in my house. It’s a sweet treat that we will be making a lot this fall!
[Tweet “Toss together this quick, #healthy, and delicious Light & Creamy #Apple Salad this fall!”]
Light and Creamy Apple Salad
- 2 cups diced, unpeeled Granny Smith or yellow apples
- 2 cups diced, unpeeled red apples
- ½ cup golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons apple juice
- 8 ounces Greek-style vanilla yogurt (can substitute with plain Greek yogurt and a dash of vanilla extract if you prefer a less-sweet option)
- 1/4 teaspoon apple pie spice (can substitute with ¼ teaspoon cinnamon and a pinch of nutmeg)
- ¼ cup chopped toasted pecans
- ¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- In a medium bowl, toss together apples, raisins, and juice.
- In a small bowl, whisk together yogurt and apple pie spice.
- Gently combine yogurt mixture with apple mixture. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with pecans and coconut.
Have a few apples on hand? Enjoy them in these recipes as well: