Slow Cooker Italian Meatball Stew will please every member of your family! It’s an easy comfort-food dinner that is perfect for a cool, fall evening. Moms love the ease of the Crock Pot, while kids adore the little meatballs throughout this hearty, nourishing dish.
This is one of those perfect meals…you know, those special recipes that everyone raves about around your dinner table?! And that even your baby can eat? And that even your husband will enjoy for left-overs the next day? And that’s easy to put in your slow cooker and forget about it for a few hours? Yep…this is one of those. A perfect fall dinner!
The meatballs cook right in the Crock Pot, so there’s no need to brown them in an oven or skillet first. And who doesn’t love a homemade meatball that has been simmering in rich Italian flavors for hours? This recipe JUST WORKS. Trust me!
- For Meatballs:
- 1 lb. ground beef
- ⅓ cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- For Stew:
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch slices
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 ½ cups beef broth
- ½ cup marinara sauce (from a jar)
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt (such as Lawry’s)
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon basil
- 1 (12 ounce) package frozen Italian-style vegetables (I used Birds Eye Steamfresh Italian Blend)
- Place carrots in bottom of slow cooker.
- In a large bowl, use hands to gently combine meatball ingredients. Form meat mixture into 1-inch balls.
- Place meatballs on top of carrots in the slow cooker.
- In a separate bowl, combine tomato paste, broth, marinara, seasoned salt, oregano, and basil. Pour over meatballs.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours.
- Steam vegetables in microwave until crisp-tender. Stir vegetables into stew and serve.
And if you’re looking for other delicious soup recipes for the crisp, cool evenings ahead, check out these favorites: