Set it and forget it! A quick and easy dinner that the whole family loves can be ready with just 5 minutes of prep! These Slow Cooker Buffalo Ranch Chicken Tacos are a healthy and easy twist on the classic weeknight dinner.
I originally created this chicken tacos recipe for one of the early Simply Mailed meal plans. It was such a hit, that I figured I shouldn’t wait any longer to share it with all of you!
Do you ever crave buffalo sauce? I go through phases where I want to slather it on everything for weeks at a time…and then I’m over it for awhile.
My pregnancies were definitely a few of those extended periods where I couldn’t get enough of the tangy, spicy sauce!
Not surprisingly, my kiddos don’t really share my love for the hot stuff! Instead, they prefer their chicken tacos nice and mild.
But good news! I can prepare just one dinner and still keep everyone happy!
With these Ranch Chicken Tacos, the buffalo sauce is added as a garnish at the end, so it’s very easy to just leave it off of your kids’ tacos. Hooray!
The chicken tacos are also easy to customize when it comes to the cheese. I like a good blue cheese with my buffalo sauce, but the kids would much rather top their dinner with loads of grated cheddar. Instead of the buffalo sauce, I give the boys some mild salsa with their cheddar cheese, and the meal is a success!
I’m not willing to cook multiple dinners each night, so this easy and versatile slow cooker chicken keeps everyone happy…while still satisfying my buffalo sauce craving. And no…I’m not pregnant!
SLOW COOKER BUFFALO RANCH CHICKEN TACOS
Slow Cooker Buffalo Ranch Chicken Tacos
- 2.5 lbs. boneless skinless chicken thighs (or chicken breasts)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1 ounce packet dry Ranch seasoning mix (just the dry mix)
- For serving: buffalo sauce; crumbled blue cheese; fresh cilantro; flour tortillas (or taco shells}; and/or salad
- Place chicken, olive, oil, vinegar, and dry Ranch seasoning in a large slow cooker. Use your hands to toss everything together and make sure that the chicken is well coated with the seasonings. Cover and cook on LOW for 4-6 hours (or on HIGH for 2-3 hours).
- Shred chicken and return meat to the slow cooker. Serve chicken in tacos (or on salad) and drizzle with buffalo sauce, blue cheese, and cilantro, if desired.
Want to Keep it Low-Carb? Serve the shredded chicken over salad for a Buffalo Ranch Chicken Salad.
Have Leftovers? The cooked, shredded chicken freezes really well!
Need some help planning your family’s meals? When you join Simply Mailed, I will send you 3 quick-prep dinner recipes and a grocery shopping list each week (for less than $1 per week!!!). This super-affordable service takes the stress out of dinner, saves you time and money, and brings your family together at the end of the day. There are even options for smaller households of just 1 or 2!