For a crowd-pleasing appetizer or weeknight dinner, turn on your Crockpot and walk away! These Slow Cooker Chicken Nachos require only a few ingredients and about 10 minutes of prep time for a delicious, customizable, and simple party dish that is perfect for watching the Big Game!
Are you planning to host a football-focused gathering in the coming weeks? Are you trying to plan a menu that the guys (and gals!) will love, but that requires very little work on your part? Then you have come to the right place. This recipe could not be easier, and it received RAVE reviews from the sports-crazed boys in my house!
First of all, the ingredients are simple and minimal! Just 3 items are tossed together in the Crockpot, and the end result is a moist, tender, flavorful meat that is ideal for scooping with chips in front of the television. But you know what? This chicken is also my go-to recipe for healthy weeknight dinners, since it’s equally delicious stuffed inside a taco, melted into a quesadilla, or perched atop a bed of lettuce for a fast taco salad.
These nachos are fun for a party because you can leave the chicken warming in your slow cooker throughout the evening. Your guests can serve themselves by topping a plate of chips with the chicken, some cheese, and any other fixin’s that you decide to set out. Everyone loves food that is customizable and that we can eat with our hands!
Forget about slaving away in the kitchen while your guests enjoy the party. With these easy Slow Cooker Chicken Nachos, you can let the Crockpot do the hard work while you have fun cheering for your favorite team!
Slow Cooker Chicken Nachos
- 1 1 ounce envelope taco seasoning
- 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 16 ounce jar of salsa
- 8 ounces tortilla chips
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Additional toppings: sliced black olives sliced green onions, guacamole, avocado, sour cream, salsa, or jalapeno peppers
- Spray slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Place chicken in bottom of slow cooker, sprinkle with taco seasoning, and pour salsa over top. Cook on high for 2-3 hours, or on low for 6 to 8 hours. When chicken is finished cooking, shred with a fork and return to slow cooker.
- Keep chicken warm in slow cooker until ready to serve nachos.
- Place tortilla chips on a large serving platter. Spoon hot, shredded chicken over tortilla chips and top with shredded cheese. Cheese will melt from the heat of the chicken; or you can place the nachos under the broiler for a few minutes to get the cheese crispy and browned on top. Garnish with additional toppings of choice!