Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.
A rainbow of fresh vegetables come together in a crisp, sweet and simple Summer Corn Salad. This healthy and delicious side dish is the perfect addition to your next family dinner, potluck, or cookout with friends!
As the name of my blog suggests, I love to take inspiration from the changing seasons and create fast and easy recipes that my family loves. In my mind, nothing says “summer” quite like a fresh corn salad!
Since just about every child will happily consume a plate full of corn, I figured that this salad would be a popular side dish with the little ones. I was right, and it also turned out to be a great way to get the boys to eat a lot of other veggies at the same time!
By combining some other less familiar veggies like zucchini and celery with the corn in a vibrant, colorful salad, the kids cleaned their plates without even a sideways glance.
We also spent a few minutes talking about the rainbow of colors in this dish, and trying to identify each different veggie that was sprinkled throughout the salad. It’s a quick and easy way to make healthy eating fun, while taking the pressure off of Mom at mealtime!
Want to make your own easy corn salad recipe?
You can vary the ingredients in this dish to suit your family’s tastes, or to accommodate the vegetables that you have on hand. Here are a few ideas:
- Use diced cucumber or yellow squash instead of zucchini
- I used orange bell pepper to create a “rainbow,” but you can substitute with any color sweet bell pepper
- Don’t want to deal with fresh corn on the cob? Use thawed, frozen corn or even canned corn
- Add a bit of protein and make it a heartier entree salad by stirring in a can of drained, rinsed black beans or some diced, cooked chicken
- Don’t want to make your own dressing? Toss the vegetables with your favorite store-bought salad dressing. A light vinaigrette is perfect!
Other summer recipes that take advantage of the season’s fresh vegetables:
- The Magical Vegetable Pie
- Dump-and-Bake Summer Pasta
- 10-Minute Creamy Cucumber Salad
- Chicken and Tortellini Salad
Summer Corn Salad
For the Salad:
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a jar. Cover with lid and shake until completely combined. Set aside.
- Place all of the vegetables in a large bowl. Pour dressing over top and gently toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
This recipe was originally published in June, 2015. The photos were updated in June, 2018.