When I was growing up, my mom often served a cold corn and black bean salad during the hot summer months. It’s a nice change from a green lettuce salad, and the fresh, crisp flavors take advantage of the season’s produce.
This recipe is my own version of my childhood favorite, which I’ve developed over the years. I absolutely love it, and I think that it’s equally delicious as both a dip with tortilla chips and as a side salad on Mexican night.
The sweet and tangy dressing pairs beautifully with a salty chip, and if you like things spicy, just add in a diced jalapeno pepper or two! I highly recommend that you bring this dish to your next cook-out, and enjoy it at home with your tacos. It’s fresh, healthy, and incredibly flavorful!
Corn and Black Bean Salad and Dip
For the Dressing:
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
For the Salad:
- 1 15 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 ounce can corn, drained
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- ¾ cup diced green bell pepper
- ¾ cup diced red onion
- 1 diced jalapeno pepper optional (if you like it spicy)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Tortilla chips Fritos, or pita chips, for serving (optional)
- To make the dressing, heat sugar, vinegar, oil, and salt over low heat in a small saucepan until the sugar and salt dissolve, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, gently stir together all of the salad ingredients. Pour dressing over salad, cover, and refrigerate until ready to serve. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Looking for other dip recipes? Try these favorites:
Chili Cheese Dip
Buttermilk Ranch Dip