Comfort food is made healthy and convenient in this One Skillet Skinny Seafood Alfredo! With only 5 minutes of prep work and pasta that cooks right in the pan, you can feed your family a fast, nutritious, and protein-packed easy dinner — even on your busiest nights!
Thanks to Louis Kemp Crab Delights® for sponsoring today’s post and for offering delicious and healthy seafood that makes mealtime simple!
Our family LOVES seafood and it’s such a healthy source of protein to incorporate into our meals. That said, we live in rural Central Virginia — not exactly a prime location for sourcing fresh-caught fish on a regular basis. In fact, there’s not even a seafood counter at the one grocery store in our county! That’s why I regularly rely on Louis Kemp Crab Delights as a readily-available, delicious, and nutritious seafood option for quick meals.
Made from Alaska Pollock and real snow crab, the Crab Delights are low-calorie, high in omega 3’s, gluten-free, and ready-to-eat. Alaskan Pollock is a highly sustainable Alaskan caught whitefish and commonly used in fish sticks. It’s a great mild-tasting, slightly-sweet seafood that the kids love, too! Plus, it’s really versatile and a nice way to add protein to any dish from sandwiches, pasta, dips, and more.
In this recipe, an 8-ounce package of flake style Louis Kemp Crab Delights is one of my best short-cuts to get a healthy, family-friendly dinner on the table in less than 30 minutes!
And if it’s a busy night and we’re worried about making dinner FAST, the last thing we want to deal with is a sink full of dishes at the end of the night, right? That’s why I’m on a constant mission to master the art of the one dish/one skillet/one baking tray/one pot meal! In my opinion, it’s the only way to go!
This particular One Skillet Skinny Seafood Alfredo is a perfect way to satisfy your family’s craving for rich, creamy, carb-tastic comfort food — in a completely guilt-free way!
[Tweet “One Skillet Skinny Seafood Alfredo: even the pasta cooks in the pan for a healthy and fast #dinner!”]
One Skillet Skinny Seafood Alfredo
- 1 ½ cups uncooked mini penne pasta (or other small similar pasta)
- 2 Tbsp of olive oil
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic
- ¼ cup minced onion
- 1 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 3/4 cup milk (I used 1%, but skim or 2% would also work)
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 1 (8 ounce) package Louis Kemp Crab Delights
- ½ lb. peeled, deveined, cooked shrimp (I use the frozen cooked shrimp and just defrost them in the refrigerator overnight)
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- A few fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic and onion and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add chicken broth, milk, and flour and whisk until completely combined. Stir in uncooked pasta.
- Bring to a gentle boil, then cover and reduce heat to a simmer.
- Simmer for 10-15 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring once or twice during this time.
- Stir in crab and shrimp and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes, or until seafood is heated through.
- Remove from heat and stir in Parmesan cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper, if needed. Garnish with fresh herbs and serve immediately.
Do you want to give the Crab Delights a try? You can receive $1 off on any one Louis Kemp product by going to http://bit.ly/1VWSj82!
Looking for even more easy one-dish dinners? Try these favorites:
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf ofLouis Kemp Crab Delights®.