When you just need a really easy, really simple side dish that pairs perfectly with almost any meal, these 3-Ingredient Breadsticks are a wonderful solution. Best of all, you can enjoy them warm from the oven in about 15 minutes!
I never really set out to create a delicious breadstick recipe. In fact, since I don’t consider myself a baker (at all!), I had become quite comfortable with purchasing prepared, frozen breadsticks from my grocer’s freezer.
Keith and the boys never complained about the frozen garlic breadsticks when I served them with our spaghetti dinners, so why try anything else?!
But then I stumbled upon these breadsticks…kind of like a happy accident! And you know what? They were too good not to share…
Let’s be real: these are “semi-homemade” breadsticks, since we’re not fussing with making our own dough from scratch. I’m all about the quick-prep options!
But it doesn’t matter — my breadsticks are still about 1,000 times better than their frozen counterparts, and my family adores them.
I first had the idea to make breadsticks from pizza dough when I was preparing a batch of Jalapeño Pretzel Dogs. There were a few scraps of leftover pizza dough that I didn’t need for the hotdogs, so I twisted them, brushed them with salt and butter, and popped them in the oven on the same tray as the Pretzel Dogs.
Slice the pizza dough into 8 strips, fold each strip in half, and then twist!
Sometimes the easiest, quickest, and most simple recipes are the best, since these are the realistic solutions that suit our busy lives.
I hope that my happy accident becomes a favorite in your home, too!
- 1 13.8 ounce can refrigerated pizza dough
- 1-2 tablespoons butter melted
- Salt to taste (I used about ¼ teaspoon)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with cooking spray.
- Unroll pizza dough on the counter or on a cutting board.
- Slice dough into 8 strips.
- Take one strip and fold it over in half. Twist gently and place on baking sheet.
- Repeat with remaining dough.
- Brush each breadstick with melted butter. Sprinkle salt over top, to taste.
- Bake breadsticks for about 9-12 minutes, or just until golden brown.
Tip: Try using garlic salt instead of regular salt to make Garlic Breadsticks.
Tip: Try sprinkling with grated Parmesan or garnishing with chopped chives or parsley.