Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.
This post is sponsored by Tyson Foods, Inc. All comments and opinions are my own.
Savor every moment of your summer with an easy dinner recipe that’s perfect for the season! From get-togethers with friends to pool parties, camping trips, and family cookouts, these Hawaiian Kielbasa Kabobs are a fresh and simple option that suits any occasion!
When you’re busy with outdoor fun this summer, the last thing that you want to worry about is, “what’s for dinner?!”
Fortunately, smoked sausage makes meal prep quick and easy, thanks to fully-cooked kielbasa that’s ready for a good char on the grill or over the campfire!
The combination of savory sausage paired with fresh summer vegetables, zesty red onion, and sweet, juicy pineapple is like an instant party in your mouth!
Do you have a camping trip on your agenda in the coming months? Go beyond roasted marshmallows this year and instead try these kielbasa kabobs!
Is Kielbasa cooked?
Yes! These kabobs are especially convenient for the campfire or grill because they take advantage of smoked sausage, which is slow-cooked with natural spices. That means that we just have to “finish” them over the fire to give the meat that great crispy exterior!
The kielbasa is a quick-cooking option that’s easy to pack in the cooler and transport to your destination.
But don’t worry — even if you don’t have a camping excursion on the agenda or a fire pit in your backyard, you can still enjoy these easy kabobs!
Just get a grill pan, a griddle, or a large skillet really hot on your stovetop and you’ll have charred kielbasa kabobs in no time!
How to prepare the perfect Hawaiian Kielbasa Kabobs:
You’re obviously going to start with the kielbasa! First, slice the sausage into bite-sized rounds.
The peppers, onion, and pineapple will also get a quick chop.
Once your ingredients are prepped, it’s time to assemble the kabob skewers.
I like to thread the vegetables in rainbow order (giving them that extra Hawaiian touch), but it really doesn’t matter!
Next up: the special sauce!
This is just a quick combination of barbecue sauce and pineapple juice. Again, we’re keeping it simple and easy to transport — just in case you want to take these out into the woods!
Use some of the sauce to baste the kabobs before they go on the grill, and reserve the rest of the sauce for basting as they cook.
Ten minutes later you’ll be feasting on the most decadent combination of sweet and savory tropical ingredients!
These kabobs are a great way to feed a crowd (just double or triple the recipe), adding a colorful and festive touch to any summer celebration.
What should I serve with the Hawaiian Kielbasa Kabobs?
The kabobs are a satisfying meal on their own, but they also pair nicely with rice (or cauliflower rice for a lighter option).
More easy kabob recipes that you might enjoy:
- Maria’s Ranch Chicken Kabobs
- Beef Shish Kabobs
- 5-Ingredient Grilled Italian Sausage Kabobs
- Garlic and Herb Grilled Pork Kabobs
- Easy Marinated Beef Kabobs
- Honey Sesame Grilled Shrimp Skewers
Hawaiian Kielbasa Kabobs
- Hillshire Farm® Rope Smoked Sausage Beef Polska Kielbasa, sliced into rounds
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 orange bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 cup chopped pineapple
- 1 red onion, diced
- ½ cup barbecue sauce
- 3 tablespoons pineapple juice
- Heat grill to medium-high heat.
- Thread kielbasa alternately with peppers, pineapple, and onions onto wooden skewers.
- In a small bowl, whisk together barbecue sauce and pineapple juice. Brush sauce evenly onto the kabobs, reserving at least half of the sauce for basting later.
- Grill kabobs for 8 to 10 min. (or until sausage is browned and vegetables are crisp-tender), turning and brushing occasionally with remaining sauce.