With just 5 simple ingredients and about 30 minutes you can pull together this easy dinner recipe -- perfect for those busy weeknights when you need a nutritious meal on the table FAST! Aunt Bee's 5-Ingredient Cowboy Chili is healthy and filling comfort food that everyone loves!
When I think of "cowboy food," I think of simple, hearty, and bold ingredients...plus beef and pinto beans! This chili definitely meets that criteria. 🙂
Borning and leave simmering in the Crock Pot all day long. But let's be real: there are plenty of days when I'm just not that organized. Instead, I'm scrounging around at the last minute to try to figure out what I can feed my family (with the food that I have in my house).
Aunt Bee's chili recipe is perfect for those last-minute rushed evenings because it uses just a few very basic kitchen staples and it comes together in about 30 minutes.
How To Serve Your Cowboy Chili
My kids like it served over elbow macaroni, but I also think it's great on its own topped with some Fritos or served with a side of skillet cornbread (there's nothing wrong with a boxed mix!).
Here are some extra topping you might also like;
- Sour cream
- Cheddar cheese
- Cooked bacon
- Serve with salad
File this one away...you just might need it SOON!
Looking for other delicious dinner ideas? Try these favorites:
- Dump-and-Bake Chicken Taco Casserole
- Slow Cooker Italian Wedding Soup
- Slow Cooker Meatball Stroganoff
- Dump-and-Bake Meatball Casserole
If you’ve tried my Aunt Bee's Cowboy Chili or any other recipe on The Seasoned Mom then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! You can also follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest to see what I’m getting up to.
Aunt Bee's 5-Ingredient Cowboy Chili
- 1 ½ lb. ground beef
- 1 envelope Lipton Onion Soup mix
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 cans pinto beans rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup chili sauce
- For serving: Fritos or other corn chips or tortilla chips; cheddar cheese, sour cream, green onions
- Brown ground beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat until no longer pink. Drain and return to skillet.
- Stir in soup mix, chili powder, beans, chili sauce, and 1 ½ cups water. Simmer, covered, for 20 minutes.