A healthy dinner is ready with only 5 minutes of preparation! This One Skillet Peach Glazed Chicken is a fast, fresh, and family-friendly meal to take advantage of summer’s produce.
Hi, friends! If you saw my recent Weekend Recap, then you know that I snagged quite a few quarts of white and yellow peaches from our farmer’s market a couple of weeks ago. Over the course of that week, we devoured them in these ice cream desserts, in a healthy breakfast cobbler, and in this savory dish for supper. When it’s peach season, we take full advantage!
Since I’m especially busy at the moment with three little kids at home for the summer, I don’t have much time to get dinner on the table in the evening. Instead, I rely on quick-fix options — with bonus points when there are minimal dishes to wash afterwards. This one-skillet dinner fits the bill!
I browned boneless, skinless chicken thighs in a pan before simmering the peach sauce. The thighs are cheaper than breast meat, and I think that they stay juicier and have more flavor than boneless breasts. If you prefer chicken tenders or chicken breasts, either of those options will also work here. You’ll just have to adjust the cooking time accordingly.
With diced peaches, fresh herbs from the garden, and some dijon mustard for added zest, this is one light, flavor-packed clean eating dinner that you have GOT to try this season!
One Skillet Peach Glazed Chicken
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 ½ tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- ½ teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1/3 cup coconut palm sugar (or can substitute with brown sugar)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard (I used one teaspoon each of wholegrain mustard and smooth Dijon)
- ½ teaspoon salt, divided
- 3 medium ripe peaches, pitted and chopped
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of the oil to the pan and swirl it around to coat. Sprinkle chicken with ¼ teaspoon salt and pepper. Add chicken to the pan and cook for about 7 minutes per side, or until cooked through and golden brown. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside on a plate. Cover with foil to keep warm.
- Do not clean out the skillet, but add another 1 ½ teaspoons oil. Add onion and rosemary; cook for 1 minute or until lightly golden, scraping up the bits from the bottom of the skillet as you stir. Add coconut palm sugar, vinegar, mustard, ¼ teaspoon salt, and peaches; cook 12 minutes or until peaches are softened.
- Return chicken to the skillet and heat just until warm, spooning sauce over the meat.
- Serve chicken thighs with peach sauce.
Looking for other healthy dinners to take advantage of fresh summer produce? Try these favorites: