With St. Patrick’s Day right around the corner, I have Irish food on my mind! And when I think of Irish food, potatoes instantly pop into my head. So today I’m sharing our family’s newest favorite potato recipe…and it couldn’t be easier!
I’m always looking for quick and easy side dishes that my whole family will eat. Most nights I focus on the main dish, and then just resort to steamed vegetables, Rice-a-Roni, or dinner rolls because I know that they are crowd pleasers and they require very little effort. That’s why I was thrilled to find that my boys loved these Crispy Oven-Roasted Seasoned Potatoes. They will be a new addition to our regular rotation!
Even though I married a meat-and-potatoes lover, potatoes rarely made it into my grocery cart because I had yet to find a recipe that my boys would gladly eat (besides the fried variety!). Something about the texture of mashed potatoes and regular baked potatoes just doesn’t appeal to them. That’s how you know that this dish is a keeper: even non-potato eaters will change their minds once they try them! Plus, these potatoes come together quickly, thanks to the help of a seasoning packet. Serve them alongside a steak and the men in your life will rejoice!
Crispy Oven-Roasted Seasoned Potatoes
- 24 ounce package of baby red potatoes, diced
- 1.5 Tablespoons Italian dressing mix (from a 0.7 ounce packet)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Lined a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Place diced potatoes in a large zip-top plastic bag.
- In a small bowl, whisk together Italian dressing mix, olive oil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Pour oil mixture into zip-top bag, seal shut, and gently toss to coat potatoes.
- Spread seasoned potatoes onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, stirring with a spatula about every 10-15 minutes. Potatoes are done when they are crispy on the outside and tender on the inside.
- Serve immediately.
Looking for more delicious and easy side dishes? Try these: