This recipe for 3-Ingredient Crispy Seasoned Red Potatoes is one of those easy side dishes that you'll turn to over and over again to complete your meal. With just 10 minutes of prep, the zesty potatoes are roasted in the oven for a charred exterior and a tender, buttery inside!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of OLD BAY. All opinions are 100% mine.
Side dishes can be such a tricky part of the meal. In all honesty, we have a few favorites around here that we repeatedly make -- and they are all incredibly easy. Since I'm already focused on the main course, a side of vegetables or grains is often an afterthought!
If I'm not steaming a bag of broccoli or corn in the microwave, then I'm probably roasting some seasoned red potatoes in the oven. They're a simple, nourishing, family-friendly option that doesn't require much fuss!
Since I serve these red potatoes so often, I've definitely perfected my favorite recipe. The best news of all? It only requires 3 ingredients!
How To Make Crispy Seasoned Red Potatoes
You'll start by chopping the red potatoes into halves (for very small potatoes) or quarters (for larger potatoes).
Then comes the good part! My mother-in-law is a Maryland native, so she has raised sons (and grandsons) who love anything and everything that's seasoned with OLD BAY! The versatile zesty and bold blend of 18 herbs and spices just cannot be duplicated.
OLD BAY is the original seafood seasoning preferred by Mid-Atlantic locals for over 75 years, and my boys use it to enhance a variety of our favorite dishes. It brings out the best in seafood, as well as French fries, scrambled eggs, corn on the cob, and of course -- red potatoes!
In this particular recipe, you'll whisk the OLD BAY into olive oil, and then shake the potatoes with the olive oil and seasoning in a large bag until they're completely coated.
Dump the potatoes onto a rimmed baking sheet and roast them in the oven for about 30-40 minutes. That's it!!!
So easy, right?! Just like the OLD BAY seasoning, these potatoes are incredibly versatile and pair nicely with almost any entree. We have enjoyed them with hamburgers and hotdogs for a Labor Day cookout, with grilled salmon and shrimp, and with roasted chicken. They would be wonderful breakfast potatoes served with an omelet, too!
Recipes To Serve Your Seasoned Red Potatoes With;
- 3 ingredient apricot glazed chicken
- Garlic and herb poached salmon
- 4 ingredient baked salmon
- Grilled honey lime shrimp
- Golden baked chicken breasts
If you're interested in discovering even more ways to "Season Boldly" with OLD BAY, be sure to visit oldbaythat.com and follow OLD BAY on Facebook. You'll find delicious recipes like Old Bay Pulled Chicken or Sheet Pan Fish and Chips -- both of which would be tasty served with these seasoned red potatoes!!!
- Use leftover potatoes in salads for lunch or dinner the next day
- You can also use leftovers in a fritatta or omelet for breakfast or brunch
- To switch things up add your own favorite herbs and spices
If you’ve tried these 3-Ingredient Crispy Seasoned Red Potatoes or any other recipe on The Seasoned Mom, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! You can follow me on Facebook, on Instagram, on Pinterest, and on Twitter!
3-Ingredient Crispy Seasoned Red Potatoes
- 24 ounce package of baby red potatoes, quartered (or halved if they’re very small potatoes)
- 1 tablespoon OLD BAY seasoning
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Lined a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Place potatoes in a large zip-top plastic bag.
- In a small bowl, whisk together OLD BAY seasoning and olive oil.
- Pour oil mixture into zip-top bag, seal shut, and gently toss to coat potatoes.
- Spread seasoned potatoes onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, stirring with a spatula about every 10-15 minutes. Potatoes are done when they are crispy on the outside and tender on the inside.
- Serve immediately.