This post is sponsored by Barber Foods.
There’s seriously nothing better than the smell of dinner cooking in the oven, the family gathered around the table for a delicious meal, and the ease of simple conversation at the end of a busy day. But let’s be real: life is crazy, and we could all use some help getting dinner on the table each night! This Garlic Parmesan Zucchini Casserole pairs beautifully with a prepared Chicken Cordon Bleu from Barber Foods, creating an easy family-friendly dinner that comes together in minutes. Let the oven do the work while you put your feet up, take a deep breath, and focus on what’s really important!
As many of you know by now, I’m a huge fan of stocking my deep freezer with dinners that are ready and waiting for us on busy nights. There are so many days when I just don’t have time to cook from scratch, when I don’t have the energy to drag a toddler through the grocery store, and when it’s already 5 p.m. and I still have no idea what to serve.
Instead of ignoring my kids, rushing around my kitchen in a frazzled state, or picking up burgers at the drive-thru, it’s nice to know that I can reach into my freezer and have a delicious Chicken Cordon Bleu supper on the table for my family with very little effort. Thanks to Barber Foods, my job requires just four simple steps: preheat the oven to 375 degrees F; remove the frozen raw chicken breasts from the pouch; cook them in the oven for about 35-40 minutes; and allow them to cool while I set the table. That’s it!
This chicken is so good, you guys! I picked up a few boxes for our family on a recent trip through Walmart (find them in the frozen section near the other entrees), and when I served them to Keith and the boys I heard a lot of “ooohs” and “ahhhs” as my family cleaned their plates!
The tender and moist chicken is stuffed with ham, Swiss and American cheeses, and coated in a homestyle breading. It’s comfort food TO THE MAX, and it totally reminds me of my childhood. The only difference is that my own mom spent a lot more time slaving over the stove to get her homemade version on the table!
Since this meal is so incredibly easy, you will even have a few extra minutes to whip up a Garlic Parmesan Zucchini Casserole to enjoy on the side. This has quickly become a favorite among the boys in my house!
I’m telling you: if you want to get your kids (or your husband) to eat some green vegetables, then THIS is the recipe for you. The zucchini is mild, it’s baked with three different kinds of cheese, and it’s finished with a buttery Parmesan breadcrumb topping. What’s not to love?!
I created this zucchini casserole recipe so that the side dish could bake at the same temperature as the Chicken Cordon Bleu. The oven does double duty, cooking both the entree and the vegetables together for a complete, delicious meal that comes together with very little effort. It’s cozy, it’s family-friendly, and it will make your house smell ah-mazing! A “home cooked” dinner never tasted so good — especially at the end of a busy day.
I hope that you’ll have your own #BarberNight soon, complete with Chicken Cordon Bleu and a Garlic Parmesan Zucchini Casserole on the side! You can check the Product Locator to find the chicken in a store near you, and you can even print a coupon from the Barber Foods website HERE. Enjoy!
Garlic Parmesan Zucchini Casserole
- 4 cups grated zucchini (I used about 3.5 medium zucchinis)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup finely diced onion (I like to use frozen diced onion as a shortcut)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus an additional 2 tablespoons
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a small baking dish with cooking spray and set aside (I used a dish that was 8-in x 5-in, but an 8-inch square pan will also work).
- Place zucchini in a colander, sprinkle with salt, and allow to sit for about 10 minutes (this will help draw out some of the water from the zucchini). After 10 minutes, squeeze out moisture from the zucchini.
- In the prepared dish, combine zucchini, onion, garlic, eggs, ½ cup Parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, and cheddar cheese. I like to use my hands to make sure that it’s all completely combined, and then gently press the mixture evenly into the prepared dish.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, pour melted butter over breadcrumbs and 2 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese. Stir until completely combined.
- After 20 minutes, remove zucchini from the oven. Sprinkle buttered breadcrumbs over the zucchini and return the dish to the oven. Continue baking for about 5-10 more minutes, or until the top is golden brown and crispy.