A childhood favorite is revamped for the stovetop — making it even faster, easier, and healthier than the original! This Stovetop Chuckwagon Mac is loaded with cheesy pasta, ground beef, and plenty of veggies for a hearty, satisfying, and nutritious dinner that the entire family loves!
Hi, friends! Let me introduce you to your family’s new favorite dinner! No, seriously.
My mom’s “Chuckwagon Mac” was a staple in our home when I was growing up. Of course, she passed the recipe along to me when I had my first child, knowing that he would love it too. Mom’s version requires some stovetop preparation, but then it’s also baked in the oven for a casserole-like finish. It’s delicious, but it’s also more time consuming than I like! That’s why I decided to update the classic to make it weeknight-friendly, AND a bit healthier. We could all use a few more veggies in our diets, right?!
This recipe is loaded with all of my boys’ favorites — corn, tomatoes, bell pepper, and onion. And when those nutritious ingredients are stirred together with a creamy, absolutely delicious Organic White Cheddar Cheesy Deluxe Mac and Cheese from Horizon, I promise you that EVERYONE at your table will devour it…just like my family does!
If you’re looking for quick and easy weeknight solutions, then this is the answer. The cheesy pasta and ground beef are both full of protein, and the veggies bulk up the dish for even more satiety. This is a great way to nourish our bodies and fuel our active lifestyles with all of the good stuff!
Serve this dinner with some corn muffins or a side salad and you will have some very full, very happy little tummies! It’s quick, easy comfort food that everyone adores — can’t beat that!
[Tweet “This Stovetop Chuckwagon Mac will soon become your family’s favorite #dinner! #HorizonRecipes”]
Stovetop Chuckwagon Mac
Yield 8 (1 cup servings)
- 1 lb. extra-lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can petite-diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) box Horizon Organic White Cheddar Cheesy Deluxe Mac and Cheese
- In a large skillet or Dutch oven, cook ground beef, onion, bell pepper, and garlic over medium-high heat until no longer pink. Drain and return to skillet. Stir in tomato sauce, corn, and diced tomatoes.
- While the beef is cooking in the skillet, prepare macaroni and cheese according to package instructions.
- Add cooked macaroni and cheese to beef mixture and stir to combine. Serve immediately.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Horizon Organic. The opinions and text are all mine.