This post is sponsored by Alexia Foods. Thanks for supporting the brands that make The Seasoned Mom possible.
Make a quick and easy weeknight meal for your family with this Sheet Pan Supper: Skinny Chicken Taco Fries! It’s a lighter dinner that only requires about 5 minutes of prep time, and the clean up for this one-dish meal is even faster!
In a house full of 3 hungry little boys and one hungry big husband, I have become quite the pro at finding simple ways to encourage my family to enjoy a wholesome meal — with minimal effort on my part! We all want to make dinner at home a priority; however, sometimes (or MOST times) our days leave us with little time to actually prepare and cook a delicious meal that everyone will eat. Can you relate?!
That’s where Alexia Foods (and this delicious recipe) come into play! After all, I can’t think of a better way to convince my boys to eat their veggies than by piling them high on top of crispy french fries! I use these Alexia Sweet Potato Fries with Sea Salt, but any variety of Alexia’s fries would be awesome in this dish!
And since I love shortcuts, I top the fries with some zesty seasoned chicken that I pick up ready-to-go at the store (you can also use leftover cooked chicken here), melt some cheese over it all, and then just serve my family’s favorite taco toppings alongside. Everyone is happy because the plates are completely customizable! Don’t you find that your kids are much more likely to devour their dinner when they have helped prepare it? Bonus points if they can eat it with their fingers!
My boys love the Alexia frozen corn (which conveniently steams in the microwave), as well as grape tomatoes, bell peppers, and salsa.
Keith and I also sprinkle on some diced avocado and sliced green onion. With a little bit of melted cheese on top, these loaded fries are full of good-for-you veggies and lean protein for a complete dinner that only tastes like an indulgent treat!
So don’t be afraid to take some help from the prepared foods at the store and make your next family dinner just a little bit easier. As the perfect cross between french fries, nachos, and tacos, this fun Sheet Pan Supper is bound to become a favorite in your house, too!
[Tweet “Make a #light #dinner easy with this Sheet Pan Supper: Skinny Chicken Taco Fries!”]
Sheet Pan Supper: Skinny Chicken Taco Fries
- 1 20 ounce package Alexia Sweet Potato Fries with Sea Salt (can substitute with Alexia Organic Oven Crinkles with Sea Salt, or other Alexia fries, if desired)
- 1 9 ounce package southwestern-seasoned cooked chicken strips (can substitute with any diced cooked chicken that you sprinkle with a dash of taco seasoning)
- ½ cup 2 ounces shredded reduced-fat Mexican-blend cheese
- Optional Toppings: diced avocado or guacamole; salsa; sliced grape tomatoes; diced bell pepper; sliced olives sliced green onion; sour cream or plain Greek-style yogurt; Alexia corn, thawed
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Spray a large rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray and spread the frozen fries on the sheet in a single layer.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, tossing halfway through.
- When the fries are crispy, remove from the oven. Top with chicken and cheese.
- Place tray under the broiler for 3-5 more minutes, or until cheese is melted and chicken is heated through.
- Load on your family’s favorite toppings and serve immediately!
If you love Alexia Foods as much as we do, be sure to leave a comment on this post (about ANYTHING) and you will be automatically entered to win an awesome Alexia Foods gift bag, including a thermal Alexia Foods tote, bag clip, hot mitten, an Amazon gift card, and coupons to use on all your Alexia Foods favorites! But hurry up — the giveaway is only open for 24 hours, so I’ll randomly select a winner on March 10. Good luck!!
UPDATED: Congrats, Shirley! You have randomly been selected as the winner of the giveaway! I will send you an email to get your full contact information!
Looking for other delicious family dinners that make mealtime quick and easy? Try these favorites: