In only 10 minutes you can dress up your boring weeknight chicken with a fresh citrus and herb pan sauce! This “No Work” baked chicken recipe is a healthy, clean eating dinner that takes advantage of seasonal ingredients for a nutritious and FAST family meal!
Winter in Virginia is just so darn cold, damp, and GRAY. During a recent week with 3 straight days of 40 degree rainy weather, I was in need of an easy dinner and I was craving bright and colorful flavors. At this time of year, there’s nothing better than a fresh, sweet burst of citrus to wake up any dish…including baked chicken!
As a base, I started with one of our favorites — the “original” No Work Baked Chicken recipe. I wasn’t sure if I could even improve upon the classic, but I’m here to say that I DID. This is a true WINNER!
I love that it’s so simple (hence the name), but it’s so pretty to look at that your family (or guests) will swear that you spent hours in the kitchen.
Add this tasty dish to your New Year of healthy living. It’s the perfect way to balance out the indulgent holiday goodies that we have all been consuming over the past few weeks, and it will keep your tastebuds and your waistline very happy!
[Tweet “”No Work” Citrus and Herb Baked #Chicken is #healthy, #easy, and DELICIOUS! #dinner”]
"No Work" Citrus and Herb Baked Chicken
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (can substitute with about 8 chicken thighs)
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons freshly-squeezed orange juice
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 orange, sliced into rounds
- 1 lemon, sliced into rounds
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a bowl, whisk together honey, mustard, and orange juice.
- Place chicken in a large baking dish (about 9-inch by 13-inch) that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Sprinkle chicken with a little bit of salt and pepper, to taste.
- Pour sauce over chicken and toss to make sure that each piece of chicken is well coated. Place citrus slices and sprigs of fresh herbs in the dish (tucked among the chicken).
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until meat thermometer reads 165 degrees F. Be sure to spoon plenty of the delicious pan sauce over the chicken before serving!