This light and crispy Golden Chicken is marinated in a honey dijon sauce and seasoned with just the right amount of turmeric for a healthy, flavor-packed dinner that's ready in only 20 minutes!
Is Turmeric Healthy?
Have you jumped on the turmeric bandwagon yet?! I became curious about the spice after seeing zillions of recipes for "Golden Milk" floating around the internet. And then when I read more about the health benefits of turmeric, I quickly picked up a jar of the spice on my next grocery run.
This stuff has amazing anti-inflammatory properties and has been shown to help with rheumatoid arthritis, cancer prevention, cardiovascular protection, Alzheimer's prevention, and a host of other benefits (source). How could I NOT add it to my diet?
While I still haven't wrapped my head around the idea of milk with turmeric, I thought that I should ease my way into this seasoning with a simple chicken dinner. After all, turmeric is one of the ingredients used to make curry...so it MUST be good with chicken, right?! Well, it is. You can trust me on that one.
Not only is this Golden Chicken a beautiful color, but it's an easy, quick-prep dinner that can be grilled outside on a warm summer evening or cooked in a skillet for a weeknight meal.
The honey mustard marinade is sweet, smoky, and full of bold flavor -- without overpowering the meal. I was serving this supper to my kids, so it had to pass the taste test of 3 little boys!
What You Need to Make Golden Chicken
- Skinless and boneless chicken thighs or breasts
- Wholegrain and dijon mustard
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
How to Make it in 5 Easy Steps
- Mix all the ingredients together apart from the chicken.
- Put half of the marinade in a ziplock bag and add the chicken.
- Allow to marinate in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Heat a large pan or grill and grill the chicken on each side until crispy and cooked through.
- Serve the chicken with the reserved sauce.
I hope that your family enjoys this nourishing, high-protein, delicious dinner as much as we do, it's super easy and full of flavour. Try serving this golden chicken with salad, zucchini noodles, with rice, pasta or even simply with some crusty bread.
More Delicious Chicken Recipes You Might Like:
- Crispy Roast Chicken with Vegetables
- Dump and Bake Jerk Chicken
- Chinese Chicken Salad with Cashews
- Dump and Bake Chicken Tacos
- ¼ cup honey
- 3 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons smooth Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Salt to season
- 1.5 – 2 lbs. skinless and boneless chicken thighs or chicken breasts I used chicken thighs
- In a small bowl, whisk together all of the marinade ingredients (honey through salt). Pour half the marinade into a large zip-top bag and add chicken to the bag. If time allows, place bag of chicken in the refrigerator to marinate for at least 2 hours.
- Set aside the reserved marinade to use as a dressing later.
- Heat a nonstick pan, grill pan, or outdoor grill over medium heat with about a teaspoon of oil and sear or grill chicken on each side until golden, crispy and cooked through (about 5 minutes per side for chicken thighs).
- Serve chicken with reserved sauce over salad, zucchini noodles, rice, pasta, or with a crusty piece of bread!