A healthy, 20-minute meal comes together in one skillet with this delicious Garlic Shrimp! Serve it over pasta, rice, cauliflower rice, or just soak up the wine sauce with a crusty loaf of bread.
This weeknight dinner tastes fancy and indulgent, but it couldn’t be easier!
When I need a really fast last-minute meal and I want it to be healthy (no drive-thru, please), shrimp is almost always the answer!
The 5-minute prep time and quick 15 minutes in a skillet makes this Garlic Shrimp a true mid-week winner. I’ve got a few shortcuts too that make it even easier, so keep reading for those little gems.
First of all, you can’t beat the convenience of a bag of frozen peeled and deveined shrimp. They’re a staple in our kitchen because I can keep them on hand and pull them out at the last minute — even if I haven’t remembered to thaw them in advance (you’ve been there too, right?!).
To thaw your frozen shrimp quickly, place them in a colander and run them under cool water in your sink. Or, just put them in a large bowl, fill it with water, and let the shrimp thaw as they sit in the water.
You’re just a few minutes away from a delicious Garlic Shrimp Skillet…
I also like to use a container of fresh pre-sliced mushrooms from the produce section, a bottle of pre-minced fresh garlic (which keeps in the refrigerator for quite awhile), and a bag of frozen diced onion.
These three shortcuts completely eliminate the need for pulling out your cutting board or knife! Less work and fewer dishes? I’m in!
Instead of chopping my parsley with a knife, I use kitchen shears to cut the parsley right into the skillet (again…avoiding the need for a cutting board and knife)! See, I told you that this Garlic Shrimp Skillet was easy and FAST…
I hope that you’ll give it a try, and that you’ll take advantage of some of my favorite shortcuts as well!
The tender garlic shrimp, the sauteed mushrooms, and that white wine broth are *perfection* when served over linguine, over rice, or with a crusty piece of French baguette.
You’ll feel like you’re dining in an elegant Parisian bistro — even on a busy Wednesday night!
20-MINUTE GARLIC SHRIMP SKILLET
20-Minute Garlic Shrimp Skillet
- 2 lbs. shrimp peeled and deveined (frozen and thawed is fine)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 lb. fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup frozen diced onion thawed (or 1 cup chopped fresh onion)
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ½ cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add mushrooms and onion; sauté until tender.
- Add parsley and wine; stir.
- Gradually add shrimp, stirring until just pink. Be careful not to overcook the shrimp (or they will become tough). As the shrimp start to turn pink, season with salt, garlic and pepper. Stir and cook for about 1-2 more minutes.
- Serve immediately over rice.
Cooking Just for Two? Cut the ingredients in half! The cooking instructions remain the same.