Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.
It’s the season for cookouts, parties, and picnics! Whether you fire up the outdoor grill or prepare them in a skillet, these Chicken Fajita Burgers are an easy, family-friendly dinner that’s ready in just 20 minutes!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Martin’s Famous Potato Rolls and Bread. All opinions are 100% mine.
You guys!!! These burgers!!! It’s like the best of all worlds — Mexican food + Grilled Burgers — all in one juicy, FLAVOR-PACKED bite!
But you know what’s best of all? How EASY this meal comes together! Delicious, homemade burgers don’t have to be complicated or intimidating.
In fact, these Chicken Fajita Burgers only require 2 ingredients! TWO!!! The rest is all extra…and it’s up to you (and your kids) to customize your toppings!
We all know that the most important complement to a juicy burger off the grill is a soft and fluffy bun! Our go-to hamburger buns (which we also use for sandwiches), are Martin’s Sandwich Potato Rolls.
The Burger Buns
These are the classic hamburger rolls that we’ve used for years, but Martin’s also offers a variety of other products that can be used in many different recipes — not just hamburgers and hot dogs (think bread, slider rolls, and bite-size dinner rolls).
My kids love the great taste and texture of the rolls, and I love that the family owned and operated company has removed artificial dyes, ADA and GMOs from their product ingredients. This bread keeps EVERYONE happy!
Garnishes and Toppings
With your fajita-seasoned burger placed on its bun, the only thing left to do is garnish! A slice of melted cheese is a given, and so are these sweet and tender sauteed peppers and onions! It just wouldn’t be a “fajita” without them!
Salsa, sour cream, and a thick layer of guacamole are optional (but highly recommended) final additions!
Tips For Making Chicken Fajita Burgers;
- Use 92% lean ground chicken – anything with less fat than that will result in a dry burger!
- You can prep the burgers and chop the veggies in advance
- You can freeze any extra patties for a later date
- Try different cheeses such as hot Mexican cheese, gruyere or manchego
- Chorizo sausage would make a great addition
- Add salsa and sour cream
If you have a party on your calendar this season, these burgers would make the perfect addition to your festive menu! But if you can’t wait to sink your teeth into one of these gems, they also work well as a simple weeknight dinner — just 10 minutes of prep and another 10 minutes in a skillet or grill pan! Trust me…they are amazing, no matter how you cook ’em!
More Burgers You Might Like;
If you’ve tried these Chicken Fajita Burgers or any other recipe on The Seasoned Mom then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! You can also follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest to see what I’m getting up to.
Chicken Fajita Burgers
- 2 lbs. ground chicken*
- 2 tablespoons fajita seasoning from a 1.12 ounce packet
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 sweet onion sliced
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 1 green bell pepper sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 Martin’s Sandwich Potato Rolls
- Optional: guacamole salsa, sour cream for serving
- Preheat grill pan, griddle, skillet, or outdoor grill to medium-high heat.
- In a large bowl, use your hands to gently combine chicken and seasoning.
- Divide meat into 8 equal patties.
- Drizzle patties with olive oil (about 1 teaspoon). Cook patties about 5 minutes per side, or until just cooked through.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium-high heat, sauté peppers and onions in about 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and cook until tender (about 8-10 minutes).
- When the burgers are cooked, top each patty with ½ slice of cheddar cheese. Cover loosely with foil and let sit for about 2 minutes (or until the cheese is melted).
- Just before serving, place each burger on a bun and top with peppers and onions, as well as salsa, guacamole and/or sour cream.
GIVEAWAY TIME!!! Plus, Martin’s wants YOU to be able to host a special “Martin’s Makes Waves” party with all of your friends and family this summer! The brand is giving away a fully-sponsored Martin’s party to one of my lucky readers! To automatically be entered in the giveaway, just leave a comment below! I will randomly select a winner on Monday, June 13. UPDATE: Congrats, MaryB! You have been selected as the winner of the giveaway! I have sent you an email!