This 1 Dish Chicken, Broccoli, and Cheese Pasta is a complete, kid-friendly dinner that all cooks together — no prep required. Even the pasta and the chicken cook together in the same casserole, making this recipe the answer to your busy weeknight prayers!
Do you want to get your youngest diners to eat their veggies? Here’s a tip: combine them with chicken, cheese, and noodles! This has always been the best way for me to introduce my little guys to new foods. And once they realize that the green stuff actually tastes good, they’re much more willing to eat it straight off of their plate when I serve it the next time — no add-in’s necessary!
[Tweet “1 Dish #Chicken, Broccoli, & Cheese Pasta: all cooks in the same pot! #recipe”]
Not only will your kids gobble this up, but you will love the ease with which it comes together. My only real gripe with casseroles is that they often require multiple steps of preparation before you can toss them in the oven. In most cases, I try to do the prep work in advance so that I’m not scrambling at the last minute…but some days there’s just not even enough time to get organized ahead of time! That’s why this dish is so great. You just toss all of the ingredients together in one baking dish and stick it in the oven. No pre-cooking chicken or pre-boiling pasta!
Like I said, this recipe will be your new weeknight best friend!
1 Dish Chicken, Broccoli, and Cheese Pasta
- ½ lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1 ½ cups frozen broccoli florets
- ½ cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
- ¾ cup chicken broth
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, broccoli, macaroni, and cheese. In a separate bowl, whisk together soup, broth, and garlic powder.
- Pour wet ingredients into the chicken mixture and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Transfer to a greased 1 ½ quart baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- Stir; bake about 15-20 minutes longer, or until chicken is cooked through and pasta is tender. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home.
Looking for more delicious and easy family-friendly chicken dinners? Try these favorites: